iv

"howdy bestie," draco jumped onto maddy's bed.

"please never say that again. are you even allowed to be in here?"

"i think it's fine. and plus, i don't see no girls around."

"everyone went to the great hall for breakfast."

"i noticed, so come onnnnn. im hungry," the blonde whined.

"quit whining," she complained, throwing a pillow at the boy. "why didn't you go if you're so hungry?"

"i didn't see you leaving along with everyone else, so i decided to wait. don't want you walking around all alone. never know what can happen," he shrugged.

"probably because i only talk to you."

"what about the golden trio?" he asked with jazz hands.

"gryffindor," she simply replied. "now come on, im ready and im hungry."

𓆉

guess what?

maddy was once again being dragged by ron down to hagrid's hut.

the red head told her that the only reason he's forcing her to tag along is because she saw the creature too. she deserves to know.

"oh, hello. sorry, don't wish to be rude, but im in no fit state to entertain today," the giant said, closing the door he has just opened mere moments ago.

"we know about the philosopher's stone!" the trio said in unison. maddy got distracted by a bird.

hagrid quickly opened the door again, sighing as he let the kids in.

"we think snape's trying to steal it."

"snape? blimey, harry. you're not still on about him, are you?"

"hagrid, we know he's after the stone, we just don't know why," harry sighed.

maddy began to fidget with her rings and hermoine noticed, so she intertwined their hands. although they don't really know each other, the action calmed down the taylor girl.

"snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone! he's not about to steal it!" hagrid chuckled.

"what?" harry's eyes widened, as well as hermoine and ron.

"you heard right. come on, now, im a bit preoccupied today," the giant attempted to get them to leave, but one of them spoke, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"wait, one of the teachers?"

"of course! there's other things defending the stone. spells, enchantments," hermoine exclaimed. ron looked at the smart girl, then followed her arm down to see it still holding onto maddy's. he smirked and winked at the girl he grew up with.

"that's right. waste of bloody time, if you ask me. ain't no one gonna get past fluffy. not a soul knows how, except for me and dumbledore," his eyes widened. "i should not have told you that," he added, repeating himself once more.

"uhm, hagrid, what exactly is that?" harry asked the older man, who had just lifted an egg out of a cauldron.

"that's a, uh-it's a-"

"i know what that is!" ron excitedly said. "but hagrid, how did you get one?"

"i won it off a stranger i met down at the pub. seemed quite glad to get rid of it, as a matter of fact."

"is that a dragon?" hermoine questioned after a small creature had popped out.

"that's not just a dragon. that's a norwegian ridgeback! my brother charlie works with these in romania."