xlvi

madison had skipped all her classes, spending the majority of her day training.

she's got to be strong enough to fight for the right side.

yes, this includes mentally, but she doesn't care.

if voldemort or any of the death eaters try something on her, she needs to be prepared to fight back.

so, after a couple hours training on dementors and random dummies, she left the room, going to take a quick shower before detention with bloody umbridge.

sadly, for maddy, she literally crashed into none other than her girlfriend, hermione granger, as she turned a corner.

"madison iris taylor, where have you been?" the bushy-haired girl exclaimed.

"i—uh—slept in, on accident, and decided to just work on some spells in secret since professor umbridge isn't letting us."

"you're-"

"granger, leave!" draco's voice heard. "i need to talk to maddy—so, shoo!"

hermione glared at the blonde before scoffing and heading to, what the taylor assumed, the gryffindor common room.

"why have you been acting distant? did i do something?"

"no," maddy sighed. "i—i've just been stressing about the o.w.l.s. listen, i would love to keep talking but i have detention."

"maddy-"

but before draco could continue, maddy had ran off.

and this was when the malfoy boy and granger girl realized that something was going on with their best friend.

𓆉

"mads!" hermione caught the girl's attention, nodding over to a bowl that she was pushing towards harry. "soak your hand in it."

"i'm fine. i think i'm just going to bed—long day."

"no," ron instantly said, running up to her and dragging her towards the other three. "i still reckon you two should complain about this."

"no," harry and maddy said in unison.

"mcgonagall would go nuts if she knew-"

"then it's too bad that she won't," maddy snarled, turning around but was stopped by phoebe.

"how long d' you reckon it'd take umbridge to pass another decree saying anyone who complains about the high inquisitor gets sacked immediately?"

ron opened his mouth to retort, but soon closed it, feeling a bit defeated.

"she's an awful woman," hermione spoke in a small voice, not taking her eyes off of maddy's hand.

"awful. you know, i was just saying to them two when you guys came in—we've got to do something about her," phoebe mumbled.

"i suggested poison."

"no—i mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is."

"and how we're not going to learn any defense from her at all."

"well, what can we do about that? 's too late, isn't it? she's got the job, she's here to stay, fudge'll make sure of that," ron yawned.

"well, you know, i was thinking today. i was thinking that—maybe the time's come where we should just—just do it ourselves," hermione said tentatively.