liv

"to me, potter," lucius malfoy repeated, extending out his arm.

"where's sirius?" harry asked, causing several death-eaters to laugh.

"the dark lord always knows!" a harsh female voice was heard from harry's left.

"madison and phoebe taylor, it's a pleasure to finally meet both of you," another death-eater commented.

"give me the prophecy, potter, and someone pick up the ones the taylor's dropped."

"i want to know where sirius is!"

another figure mimicked him as they got closer, now only mere feet away from the group of young wizards and witches.

"you've got him. he's here. i know he is," harry said, and maddy instantly noticed the panic in his voice, so she interlaced their hands.

"the little baby woke up frightened for what it dreamed was two," a woman mocked in a baby voice and ron stirred.

"did anyone understand her?" maddy raised her hand. harry took the chance and whispered to ron while some of the other death-eaters were mumbling things under their breath about how maddy was already getting on their nerves.

"you hear him? you hear him? giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"

"oh, you don't know potter as i do, bellatrix. he has a great weakness for heroics; the dark lord understands this about him. now give me the prophecy, potter."

"i know sirius is here. i know you've got him," harry's grip on maddy's hand tightened.

"it's time you learned the difference between life and dreams, potter. now give the prophecy, or we start using wands."

"i'd like to see you try," maddy kept her glare on bellatrix, who snorted at the fact that the twins were the only ones who didn't take their wands out.

"hand over the prophecy and no one gets hurt," lucius said coolly.

"yeah, right!" harry laughed. "i give you this-prophecy, is it? and you'll just let us skip off home, will you?"

"accio proph-"

"protego," maddy beat bellatrix to it, who look taken aback.

"they know how to play. very well, then-"

"i told you, no! if you smash it," lucius trailed off.

"you look dead," maddy mumbled after bellatrix took off her hood.

the older lady thought about talking back but just chose to ignore the young gryffindor.

"you need more persuasion?" bellatrix looked at harry. "very well-take the smallest one. let him watch while we torture the little girls. i'll do it."

within milliseconds, the others surrounded ginny in a way to protect her.

"you'll have to smash this if you want to attack any of us. i don't think your boss would be too pleased if you come back without it, will he?"

bellatrix stared him down, not moving.

maddy glanced at the death-eaters who were holding the spheres her and phoebe had dropped, and quietly mumbled a spell, the prophecies back with the taylor twins.