lvi

summer of 1996-the two months madison taylor spent locked up in the number twelve grimmauld place.

anytime either her or phoebe would get spotted, they'd either have to deal with a ton of questions or total isolation.

everybody wants to know more about them or are too scared to even be within feet of the powerful twins.

ever since maddy broke up with hermione, she's been distant with everyone.

the same thing that occurred last christmas break was happening once more, except this time, it was much more worse.

maddy never left her room-unless it was necessary-and the others in the order let it happen. if phoebe and tonks couldn't put a smile on maddy's face, then nothing could be done about it.

back to square one for the golden trio.

hermione spent all vacation is pain, but hid it from the rest, wanting to stay strong.

maddy was stuck in her thoughts when a soft thudding sound was heard.

"can i come in?" phoebe asked from the other side of the door, so the darker girl hummed in response. "are you sure you don't want to spend the last bit of the break at the burrow? i'm sure the weasley's would be happy to see you."

maddy just shook her head, too occupied with all the pieces of parchment in front of her to even look up.

"maddy-"

this was when the two made eye contact, and phoebe noticed how different her sister looked.

puffy red eyes-dark circles under them-pale face. her glance gazed over the rest of her body, which was thinner than before.

"how many times do i have to tell you to take care of yourself?" phoebe softly asked, but received no response. "you look like crap," she joked.

still, nothing. no smile, no playful glare, no chuckle, nothing.

"makeup exists for a reason," maddy muttered, her hands reaching for a book on the corner of her bed.

"you have a point. well, tonks is here so i'll be going now. do you have a message you want me to give anyone?"

no response.

"alright, then. i'll see you at hogwarts or diagon alley."

and with that, phoebe left for the burrow, even more heartbroken.

a couple minutes later, tonks came in with food.

after tonks failed at making conversation, she sadly left the room.

a few days later, an owl showed up with the grades of maddy's exams.

she had gotten an o or e for every subject, including those she didn't really pay attention in.

perks of dating-

perks of having a really smart sister, who happened to be close to the brightest witch they've met.

𓆉

"darling! come and visit fred and george's shop with us!" molly exclaimed, seeing maddy scrolling through the books at flourish and botts.

maddy just shrugged in response and trudged up to the two red-headed women.

"how was your vacation? why didn't you come visit us?"

"mom, give her a break," ginny mumbled, knowing how maddy has been acting since the incident. phoebe had told her all about it when she arrived at the burrow.