xxxv

"be safe," tonks spoke, hugging the taylor twins, one by one.

"that's no fun," maddy snorted, causing her to get nudged by phoebe.

"we will," the slightly nicer twin nodded.

"good luck with those two," maddy gestured to lupin and the dog next to him, who was actually sirius.

"is he sniffing lupin's crotch?"

"he's trying to get in his pants," maddy joked.

it wasn't really a joke though, was it?

"just leave," the older way chuckled, pushing the two girls towards the train.

when they found where the golden trio were, hermione and ron were walking away.

"where are they going?"

"they have to go in the prefect carriage," harry replied.

"come on, if we get a move on we'll be able to save them places," ginny said, dragging the three down the train to find an empty compartment.

the four got to a compartment, and talked to neville for a couple moments, before maddy noticed luna alone in a compartment behind the boy with a funny last name.

without saying anything, she headed towards the ravenclaw girl.

"is it okay if we sit here with you?" maddy softly asked, gesturing between herself and the others that were still occupied with neville.

"of course," the girl with dirty blonde hair responded in the same tone. this was when the taylor girl spotted the upside magazine.

she raised an eyebrow and waved over the three as she sat down, across from the special lovegood.

after the others got situated, maddy laid her head against the wall and fell asleep.

nearly an hour later, she was woken up by a cat getting itself in a comfortable position on her lap.

"write this down," ginny told her brother, who actually did.

"throw a cat on her lap," the red-head boy mumbled.

"hi," hermione whispered, sitting down once phoebe scooted over.

"hi," maddy smiled back.

"i'm starving," ron informed, grabbing a chocolate frog and taking a bite out of it as he sat down.

"well, there are two-fifth year prefects from each house. boy and girl."

"and guess who's a slytherin prefect?"

"pot," maddy snarled.

"a complete cow," hermione spoke with the same term, knowing who the darker girl was referring to because of all the times they would just lay down and talk about everything.

"and draco," ron added.

"how she-"

whack.

"you didn't even let me finish!"

"who are the hufflepuffs?" phoebe questioned.

"ernie macmillan and hannah abbott."

"and anthony goldstein and padma patil for ravenclaw," the granger girl said as she moved crookshanks to interlace her left hand with maddy's right.

"you went to the yule ball with padma patil," the dirty blonde looked up from the quibbler.

"yeah, i know i did."