Chapter 1

The House of Rohmanov is considered to be one of the most powerful families in the Empire of Valiant, despite, being only a marquees, the family's power and connections were so overwhelming that if you become enemies with them, then, you might as well consider yourself dead.

They are not fond of social gatherings and rarely appear in such, the reason why the marquess was dubbed as the 'phantom marquess'.

It was also the very reason why a lot of rumors had spread like wildfire around them, since, the Rohmanov's were soo mysterious in the public's eye.

One of those rumors says that, they are arrogant monsters who are rotten to the core and that they kill without hesitation when you tick them off.

Added to that, it is also said that the marchioness was actually a wicked witch, who uses black magic to curse people and that her child was one as well, but, truth is... those are just baseless rumors made by their enemies to stain the marquess' reputation.

They thought that with such tactics, the most feared and powerful House of Rohmanov might actually fall one day.

~~●●●~~

At the Rohmanov estate's garden.

"Mama! look! look! I caught a butterfly!"

Victoria cheerfully said as she ran towards the marchioness with both hands clasp together having a small gap in between.

The marchioness who was sitting in the middle of the garden under a white gazebo, had long silver wavy hair and eyes that shined like blue diamonds. She was petite, and slim. Her nose was small but had a tall bridge and her lips were pink like cherry blossoms. She had milky white skin but her cheeks had a pinkish glow. She was so beautiful that she can actually be compared to an angelic being.

As she slowly turned her head towards Victoria after hearing her voice, the marchioness made a worried face when she saw her running.

"Oh my! be careful my darling you might fall when you run like that!"

she said and caught Victoria in her arms, then, she placed her on her lap.

"No I won't! I'm already five years old. I won't fall anymore since I'm a big girl now."

Victoria proudly said.

The marchioness giggled at her remarks and gently caress' her head.

"Alright, alright, my cute little baby is growing up so fast but I do hope you stay little forever, anyway, you said you caught a butterfly, so where is it?"

"It's here!"

Victoria made a big smile as she slowly removed one of her little hands that was clasp together, but, the moment she opened it the butterfly immediately flew away.

"Aaahh... no!! wait! comeback!"

she remarked with her brows creased in disappoinment while following the blue butterfly flutter away with her eyes.

The marchioness who saw her teary eyes immediately consoled her and patted her head,

"Now, now, don't cry I thought you said that you're a big girl now, but, I guess that isn't true since you're still crying like a baby."

Upon hearing her words, Victoria realized that she was being childish, so, she quickly wiped her tears away and looked at the marchioness.

" No way! I'm not crying mama, it's just that... I really wanted to give it to you, since, it was like you."

The marchioness surprised by what she said had big eyes and suddenly questioned her with a smile,

" Why? Does mama look like a butterfly? "