Chapter 7

Today was the start of the three day blue rose festival, so the streets and buildings in the empire were decorated beautifully with all sorts of roses. Parades, food stalls and other stuffs were prepared for everyone to enjoy but the highlights is during the last day in the evening.

The palace holds an extravagant banquet during that time and all are invited to join including commoners but each one is required to wear a mask, any mask is acceptable as long as it hides the identity of a person. Aside from the banquet, the blooming of the blue roses which happens only every five years is the most anticipated.

The blue rose festival is a tradition that the Empire of Valiant celebrates every five years, this is to commemorate the miracle that the rare blue roses did to the previous Emperor.

Emperor Nicholidian was a seige emperor that everyone loved and was remembered for his great wisdom.

History tells that the palace garden was once caught on fire while the emperor was trapped inside and when he was cornered near the bushes of the blue roses, about to be swallowed by the flames.

An unexpected event occurred. The bushes that have never bore flowers before suddenly bloomed blue roses like a lie and eventually, the big flames that seemed to devour everything in sight stopped in an instant. It was like an invinsible barrier was protecting the emperor which saved his life.

After that, every time the blue rose blooms which only happens every five years after the said incident, the emperor would open the most restricted gates of the Royal Garden and welcome the public to praise the blue roses' mystic beauty that had saved his life.

~~●●●~~

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"

The sun was high in the clear blue sky as the sound of drums echoed the streets of the Empire of Valiant, marking the start of the blue rose festival.

Currently, there is a parade and a lot of people were already gathered to watch it -- commoners, nobles, everyone was there to see the magnificent sight.

Dancers, who were dressed like gypsys were dancing gracefully with the lively music and colorful floats vividly decorated with different kinds of flowers followed behind. Then, near the tail of the long parade tweenty emperial knights, fully armored were riding their white horses, following the emperor who was standing on a golden float decorated with red roses and the flag of the empire.

While confetti's fell from the sky as the emperor passes by the crowd, who was waving his right hand, cheers and praises were given by the people to him.

The people adored him because since the start of his rule the empire became more prosperous and peaceful. Poverty was slowly decreasing and crime rates were almost vanquished as well, this was due to his brilliant idea of welcoming merchants from different kingdoms to open businesses in the empire which gradually became the cause of jobs to increase.

"The people really adores the emperor eh?"

"hmm."

Calindro said while standing behind the crowd with Victoria as they watched the parade pass by.

Victoria was wearing a blue trouser with black boots reaching below her knees and a white long sleeve blouse with a red ribbon near the collar. She wore a brown hood on top of that as well to cover her face since her hair color is quite noticeable. She wanted to hide her identity throughout their stroll because if she was discovered then it might cause an uproar and she wanted to avoid it for Calindro's sake.

This was actually the first time that the two of them went to the festival together and Victoria didn't want to burden him by her presence.

Eventhough this was already the second blue rose festival since they met, Calindro never had the audacity to ask Victoria to go before it's because he thought that if he did, then, she would probably decline without hesitation so he never bothered but when he saw her change of expression yesterday, it somewhat gave him the courage to try and he was happy that he did.