Chapter 10

From the main palace, the empress' palace was located at the east side wing of the castle. The empress has her own private garden aside from the royal garden where the highlights will be on the third day of the festival.

As Victoria and Anya were walking along the hallway towards the empress' garden, they passed by a wide lawn where only a huge whisteria tree was found. Victoria found it amusing since it was so huge like a hundred year old tree and stared at it unconsciously, but unexpectedly, she noticed a boy sitting on one of its gigantic branches while reading a book.

She curiously stared at him and wondered how he was able to get there since it was so tall, but, to her surprise the boy suddenly met her eyes.

Startled by the sudden eye contact, Victoria immediately avoided his gaze. After that, she took a quick glance back again, but, the boy was no longer there anymore.

'Weird.' she thought and continued to walk towards the empress' palace.

~~●●●~~

The empress' garden was decorated elegantly with different kinds of flowers and luxurious items coated with gold. Round tables and chairs were covered with white linen. A variety of desserts were placed on each table to be enjoyed. Classy teawares were also prepared for all the guest to use.

Everyone was dressed beautifully and each wore their household's flower symbol as a flower crown gracefully.

While all were already enjoying themselves, a rare sight suddenly appeared and caught everyone's attention,

Long pink curly hair like cotton candy fluttered as she walked through the entralled crowd. Her elegant and cold demeanor immediately filled the whole place in awe. The golden lily crown that was placed upon her head, made her look like an angelic being that was out of this world.

"It's her."

"The daughter of the marquess?"

" Yeah, but why is she here?"

"I know, I thought she never attends this sort of things."

"She's beautiful, but rotten to the core."

the ladies murmured as soon as they spotted Victoria's arrival but she completely ignored them like they were thin air.

"Lady Victoria, how nice of you to come. It's been soo long since I last saw you."

the empress remarked with a big smile as she welcomed the daughter of the marquess.

"It is an honor your highness."

Victoria greeted her with a curtsy.

The empress and Victoria had already met several times before, since she was little. Before she was crowned as empress, Lady Melissa Fronchen Ron was the Archduchess and the second wife of the Archduke of Ron and sometimes when Victoria's mother, Lady Lucila would attend social gatherings, she would go with the archduchess and Victoria.

The empress who greeted Victoria had silky long brown hair and big round hazel eyes. She was petite and beautiful, also kind to everyone, but, Victoria was somewhat doubtful of her despite her kindness, since she felt like the empress was sorrounded by dark aura while smiling.

"How are you? You've grown so much and so lovely as well. It is truly nice to see you once in a while. Please do visit us if you have the time."

the empress added and Victoria answered,

"You flatter me too much your highness, Thank you for the concern, but, I am doing well."

"I hope you are my dear."