Chapter 2

Marchioness Lucilia's eyes widened with the unexpected encounter.

"Your Grace, what brings you here? I thought it was the royal messenger."

The archduke made an awkward smile, but, before he could reply to the marchioness' question, the marquess cut him off,

"Don't worry dear, the archduke is just about to leave."

The archduke glanced towards the marquess and saw a cold glare. It felt as if he was eagerly asking him to leave already and so, he made a deep sigh and despondently said,

" Yes, you're right, I should get going now since my business here is done. Thank you for your time marquess and marchioness. I'll be on my way now. "

" Oh, I see."

the marchioness replied while stealing a glimpse at the marquess.

Actually, she planned to serve him tea since it was his first visit in a long time but seeing as that, the marquess was still disapproving of his presence, she had no choice but to keep silent.

~~●●●~~

The Rohmanov's escorted the Archduke of Ron towards his carriage outside the mansion, but, before he got in, Victoria suddenly said to him with a cheerful tone while holding the marchioness' hand,

"Your Grace! thank you for visiting us! I hope you will visit us more often as well, so, papa and I can play with you more."

The archduke was surprised, yet, it also felt like music in his ears, which made him really happy.

He wondered what the marquess' face would look like after hearing his own daughter say those words. So, he secretly stole a quick glimpse at him, but was astounded, aside from the usual poker face he had, the sharp glare suddenly became a little bit kinder.

"Ahem! "

the marquess cleared his throat and looked away after noticing that he was beingq stared at.

When the archduke saw that, he immediately made a curve in his lips, like he was satisfied.

He looked back at Victoria again and told her that he will definitely visit her if he can, but if not, then she is welcome to visit him instead.

After hearing his words, Victoria became excited and quickly nodded her head.

The archduke who felt dejected just a while ago, got into his carriage with a big smile.

He didn't know why he felt relieved, but, he knew that meeting Victoria was a blessing.

So before leaving, he took one last  glance at Victoria and the carriage went its way.

~~●●●~~

Five days had already past after the archduke's visit at the Rohmanov's estate.

It was also the day of the Archduke of Ron's coronation as the new emperor.

At the Imperial Palace,

" By the power invested in me as the emperor, I now hereby, declare and give you all the authority and crown as the new emperor of Valiant, from today onwards you are the new sun and light of the empire. Emperor Armando Davich Ron de Valiant, rise! "

After the old emperor had surrendered his crown to the new emperor, the people who were watching the coronation, both nobles and commoners applauded and rose petals suddenly fell from the sky.

"Mama, look! flowers are raining!"

Victoria said in amazement, since, it was her first time seeing rose petals fall from the sky.