Chapter 3

"Huh!? Why!? What happened!? I thought you just went to the comfort room? "

the marquess anxiously asked.

" I know but when we were walking through the hallway about to go back to the banquet hall, I bumped into Countess Rosa. We just greeted each other quickly but after that, when I looked back to see Victoria, she wasn't there anymore. I didn't know what to do dear, so I immediately went back to look for you instead. What if she got kidnap? Oh my poor baby.."

as the marchioness was telling the marquess everything that had happened, her eyes suddenly became teary like she was about to cry.

"It's okay don't cry, we'll definitely find her. We're inside palace grounds and the security is especially tight so it would be impossible for the kidnappers to enter here. Maybe, she just lost her way. Don't worry dear I'll inform the emperor about the current situation so he can help us find Ria faster."

He tried his best to comfort his wife and to assure her that everything will be alright.

Despite the fear that the marquess was having, he couldn't bare to show his emotions for it will only worsen the situation.

He knew that what ever he was feeling is ten times worse for the marchioness since she herself bore Victoria.

~~●●●~~

"Huh!? Where did he go?"

Victoria said to herself while staring at a dead end wall filled with bricks.

"Sigh!"

She thought of giving up since she could no longer spot the crying boy whom she followed earlier.

As she was about to turn around to go back, she noticed a brick that was quite loosened compared to the others and so she approached it with a curious look.

"Huh!? why is that one sticking out a bit?"

she said as she placed her hand to push it back,

duuuuugggg!

a small square secret passage suddenly opened out of nowhere but it was so small that if you were an adult you'll need to crawl down inorder to get in, but, luckily Victoria was still small so she fits the passage entrance well.

"Wooaahh! I guess you went inside."

she said with a giggle.

She peeked in and thought that the path inside would be small like its entrance but unexpectedly, it was spacious enough for a full grown adult to walk through comfortably.

As soon as she entered the secret passage, Bang! it immediately closed.

She was startled for a moment that made her look back, but after that, she started walking ahead following the straight path.

Since it was a secret passage she expected it to be dark, but surprisingly it was bright as day inside because of the litted candles that were hanging on the walls.

Tip, tap, tip, tap... her small footsteps were echoing.

After a while of walking, she finally saw a bright light peeking inside the passage way from a small gap, like it was indicating that she was almost near the end. So, she immediately started to walk faster.

Upon reaching the exit, she slowly pushed back the wall where the small gap was located, and surprisingly, two surprised amethyst eyes that were currently drowned in tears welcomed her.