Chapter 4

"Then, you should get going now."

the boy said as he escorted Victoria out of the secret passage.

They were both standing in front of the passage entrance where the brick dead end wall was located.

"Thank you for escorting me out."

Victoria told him but he only nodded his head.

After that, sudden footsteps were heard not too far from them that Victoria turned her head towards where the sound was coming from and then, looked back again to where the boy was standing before but surprisingly, there was no sight of him anymore.

"Lady Victoria!? Is that you!?"

a palace maid remarked as soon as she saw Victoria standing alone in front of a dead end wall. So, she quickly ran to her.

"Everyone is looking for you my lady, we thought that you were kidnapped. You're father and mother were worried sick. Thank goodness you're alright."

the maid added as she hugged Victoria in relief.

but Victoria couldn't grasp what she meant the she just remained silent with a blank face.

"Anyway, I'll take you to them, my lady, please, come this way."

the maid said while holding her hand as they walked away from the brick wall.

~~●●●~~

"Victoria?"

said the boy who was leaning on the wall inside the secret passage that had heard the maid's voice.

"So your name is Victoria. heh!"

he continued with a smirked as he stared at his palm where he removed the glove from earlier.

~~●●●~~

"My baby!"

the marchioness remarked as soon as she saw Victoria being brought into the drawing room by a palace maid.

"Where have you been!? I thought I lost you!"

she added with teary eyes while hugging her daughter tightly.

"Now, Now, don't cry dear, Victoria is safe and sound. "

the marquess comforted the marchioness who was about to shed tears.

But Victoria tilted her head and stared at them blankly since she couldn't understand why they were looking soo desperately for her when she wasn't even lost in the first place.

Then, all of a sudden Lady Lucilia got up and slowly approached the palace maid but the maid was startled since she suddenly remembered the rumors about the Rohmanov's.

When the marchioness had finally stood before her, she had already prepared herself for some violent reactions but unexpectedly, that wasn't the case.

"Thank you soo much for finding my daughter. Please, tell me if there is anything that you want? I want to repay the hero that has brought back my baby."

the marchioness asked the maid with gratefulness in her eyes while she clasp her hand, but, the maid was shocked by her actions that she suddenly felt embarrassed,

" No, you don't have to, marchioness. I'm happy to see that the young lady is safe and sound."

" No, I must reward you, if not for your help, my baby would've been lost!"

the marchioness insisted but the maid couldn't ask anything from someone like her.

"Please, do tell us if there is something that you want, we would like to sincerely thank you."