Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

Day Six

"Hey so there is a party tonight and you have to come!" Chrissy asked me, styling her hair in different ways while looking in the mirror.

I shrugged, playing Crossy Road on my phone. "Sure I guess. Who else is going?"

She smiled smugly at me. "If you're wondering if Daniel is coming or not, the answer is yes."

I glared at her. "I was wondering no such thing. Is this even allowed? I thought we were supposed to do bonding."

"Yeah Bonnie said we could go to this party today since it's a Saturday." She told me, taking a moment to look away from the mirror and at me.

"What time does it start?" I asked curiously, cheering in my head quietly when I beat my record on Crossy Road.

"7," She replied automatically, smiling a bright smile in the mirror.

I rolled my eyes and exited the Crossy Road app. "You're so full of yourself."

"It's not my fault I'm gorgeous," She said, flipping her hair.

"Don't be like those stupid cheerleaders," I joked.

She smiled and jutted out her chest. "Of course not!" She said in a high pitch voice.

I laughed hysterically at her imitation and decided to check the time. My eyes widened when they saw the time. "Did you say the party starts at 7?" I asked, making sure.

She nodded. "Yeah...?"

"It's 6:50 right now!" I exclaimed.

She shrugged like it was no big deal. "We'll just be fashionably late. It's perfect."

I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed.

"Put on your dress. I can do your makeup in 3 minutes." She demanded me.

***

"You guys are late," Troy pointed out, mostly directing his attention to Chrissy and how she looked in her revealing dress.

"It's called fashionably late," Chrissy retorted, narrowing her eyes at Troy.

"More like unfashionably late," Daniel snorted, looking directly at me and my purple dress.

I glared at him. "What are we? In second grade? How mature, Daniel."

He shrugged. "I know."

"They're starting a new game of truth or dare, let's go play," Troy suggested.

Chrissy nodded in agreement. "Yeah let's go." They walked together to the living room where the game was being held.

"Are you gonna go?" Daniel asked, raising an eyebrow. He swirled his drink in his red plastic cup.

"No," I said firmly. "It's not my thing."

"Are you scared?" He asked, smirking smugly.

I scoffed. "Psh. Nonsense I don't know what you're talking about."

He laughed. In fact, he threw his head back and laughed loudly. "Why would you be scared of a game."

"Because of a past traumatizing experience." He raised his eyebrow in question. "You don't wanna know."

He shook his head and looked down. "Yeah probably not. But don't worry it'll be different. I'll find a way to stop it whatever question or dare you get if it makes you uncomfortable."

I smiled genuinely at him and nodded. "Okay."

And in that moment, I knew I trusted him. He wasn't my friend but he wasn't my enemy either. He was both.