Chapter 20

~Chapter 20~

Daniel's Game

Today was the day of Daniel's game and I intended to go to it and support him just like him and his team came to our game.

I was still excited and overly happy about our win yesterday. Yesterday was our first time beating Bridgewood and it felt good.

We threw back what they were saying about us by playing our best and beating them.

"Who's going to the football game?" Josie asked, looking around the lunch table.

Everyone rose their hands. "We should make posters for them also," Valentina suggested.

We all nodded in agreement as the bell rang signaling the end of lunch.

After school, everyone went over to Chrissy's house to make posters. Each person got a poster so we could decorate it for our boyfriends on the football team.

I wrong 'Go Daniel!' in big glittery letters. I wrote the number 18 underneath it and put a heart around it. I drew footballs around the poster.

"Here put this on," Jenny said, giving me a tube of lipstick.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" I asked.

"Everyone is going to put on this lipstick and kiss their posters," she told me.

I laughed at the weird idea as I watched all the girls kissing their posters. I obeyed nonetheless and kissed the corner of the poster.

"This is going to awesome," Katie said, standing up and looking at her poster that she made.

"Yeah I know right," Jenny agreed, finishing up with her poster as well.

After were finished with our posters, we watched a little bit of T.V. as we waited for Coach Melody and Brady to come and drive us to the game.

The game was a home game because they had beaten the team they were going to play before so they got home field advantage.

A few hours later, Coach Melody and Brady arrived to pick us up. Chrissy and I went into Coach Melody along with some other girls.

"Do you think they'll win?" Chrissy asked.

"Well of course. They beat this team before I have faith that they can do it again," I assured her, leaning back on my chair.

She nodded and gave me a worried look. "I hope Troy doesn't get hurt."

"He won't. He's good so it won't be a problem," I reassured her, patting her back and offering her a small smile.

"Thanks Kenn."

"No problem."

***

Once we arrived at school, a bunch of people were already there.

The stands were filled with many people wearing our school colors. Some people even had their face painted. It was awesome!

We found a couple of free seats together and took a seat we watched both teams warmup.

I spotted Daniel immediately and waited for me to look at me. He was scanning the crowd and once his eyes landed on me he smiled and waved.

I smiled and waved back, flashing him the thumbs up. I blew him a kiss and he pretended to catch it and place it at his heart.

He went back to warming up. Once it was time to start the game, the announcer announced the starting lineup as the football players ran into the field giving each other high fives and chest bumps.

Once Daniel was announced as the quarter back, I cheered loudly.

Chrissy cheered too. She cheered even louder when Troy was being announced.

The referee blew the whistle and the game began.

***

We were leading 7-0. I watched Daniel carefully. He caught the fall with ease and began running around looking for someone to pass it to.

I watched as a big muscly guy charged at him and tackled him to the ground. I cringed at the impact.

That must've hurt.

Daniel laid there motionless after the hit. I stood up getting worried now.

Suddenly, Daniel jumped up from his position not the ground and yelled, "Psych!" looking directly at me.

I gave him a glare began shaking my head and chuckling. I saw Coach Greg wiping the sweat off his head and smiling in relief.

The round started again and this time Daniel threw the ball in a perfect arc to the player running and they scored another touch down.

14-0.

I didn't really understand football but I knew what a touch down was but that was about it. So the rest of the game didn't interest me that much.

The other team scored a touch down and now the game was 7-14.

I zoned out for some of the game because to be honest, football didn't interest me. I was just here to cheer on the team and support Daniel.

Daniel probably didn't really enjoy watching volleyball either but he came anyways to support me.

"Want to get some drinks with me at the vending machine?" Chrissy asked me during half time.

I nodded and got up to follow her. She got a Coca-Cola from the vending machine and I got a Sprite.

We opened the can and began drinking. "They're doing so well," Chrissy pointed out.

"Yup," I agreed. "Football doesn't really interest me because I don't understand it."

"Same!" Chrissy exclaimed, sighing with relief. "I thought I was the only one."

"Nope sister. I'm with ya," I chuckled as we headed back to the stands.

Half time was soon over and the game began to start again.

They played hard and didn't slack off just because they had beaten this team before. Instead they worked ten times harder, preventing them from scoring any more points.

In the end, they won easily.

28-7.

The whole audience cheered, clapping their hands and stomping their feet. The sound was deafening. I followed Chrissy as we got off the stands and ran onto the field.

Chrissy was running towards Troy and congratulating him and showering him with kisses.

I quickly spotted Daniel in the distance and he was already walking towards me. I ran towards him. He stopped and opened his arms.

I jumped onto him and he caught me with ease and spun me around in the air. After he put me down, I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled up at him.

His arms went to my waist and held me firmly.

"I'm so proud of you," I told me.

"I know," he smiled. "And I'm so proud of you."

***

One more chapter left! I know it's going by fast! haha :)