Chapter 13

~Chapter 13~

Day Nine

At practice today, Coach Melody was acting strange as usual. But this time, it was even more strange. She would be giggling even more than usual and she would be surprisingly easy on us if we made mistakes which never happened.

"Okay team please gather round," She announced, gesturing for us to circle around her. "Coach Harris from the football team will be coming to join us today with his team so we can sort out some stuff about the bonding. Any questions?"

When nobody raised their hands, Coach Melody instructed us to set up a mini scrimmage between ourselves until the end of practice.

After practice, Coach Harris and the boys showed up. Both our coaches smiled at each other and instructed us to sit on the bleachers so they could talk to us.

"As you may know the bonding has been going on for awhile now," Coach Harris started. "And you may know that while you guys were bonding, Melody and I have been bonding as well."

"We just wanted to let you guys know that we are officially dating," Coach Melody announced with an excited smile on her face as she clasped her hands together.

Wait dating?

"As you may know before there was a clear hatred between us," Coach Harris continued. "But we soon realized that it wasn't hatred but undiscovered feelings that we both refused to acknowledge."

And that got me thinking. Was it the same for Daniel and me? Was our hatred just undiscovered feelings for each other? Nah, couldn't be right?

I mean, our hatred was much different. Wasn't it?

"So we spoke to Bonnie and decided that we were going to do something different for bonding today," Coach Melody said. "We all are going over to my place so we can view our past games on my flat screen tv. There will be a lot of food like pizza, popcorn, and much more. How does that sound?"

Chatter began to sound as everyone turned to the person next to them and began discussing their opinions about the idea that was presented to us. From what I could hear, I heard a lot of positive things about the idea so I'm guessing a lot of people wanted to go through with the plan.

"So everyone like it?" Coach Harris asked. Everyone nodded excitedly some more than others. "Great there are three vans outside; mine, Melody's, and Brady's. Pick one to get into and we'll all meet up at Melody's place."

Everyone made a grunt or some kind of noise to indicate that they understood. We all piled out of the gym and boarded the van we wanted to go in. Chrissy and I went in Coach Melody's van along with some of our other volleyball teammates.

"So guys you all like the idea?" Coach Melody asked once we were all buckled in and on the road.

"Yeah," We all said simultaneously.

"That's great," Coach Melody smiled. "I was hoping you guys would like it. I'm also really glad the bonding is working."

***

Once we arrived at her house, I took a minute to capture the look of it. It was a modern two story house with a porch and front door.

After awhile of studying the exterior of the place, I started looking around it and that's when I noticed the other two vans already parked near the house.

"This should be interesting," Daniel whispered to me as we walked side by side up the porch.

Coach Melanie had already unlocked the door and a few people were already gathered in the living room, scattering themselves among the furniture.