Chapter 11: Wow & Bright

Guys, I know I said I would publish this chapter yesterday, and I'm so sorry I didn't! I had a family thing yesterday and I was barely home all day; I left super early in the morning, and by the time I got home, I was exhausted. 

Ash's POV* The Next Day

Julie and I walked into the music room, seeing Flynn playing discordant notes on her trumpet. "What are you doing and where is everyone?" Julie asked Flynn as she looked at us.

"Spirit assembly. I was kind of blowing it off cause I wasn't feeling very spirity." Flynn answered as Julie sighed. "You ok?" Flynn then asked us, sitting up straight in her chair.

"Not really. I had this new plan to play for Mrs. Harrison, hoping that she'd let me back in, but...I guess I missed my chance." Julie replied to Flynn as I touched my guitar which was on its strap, dangling at my side.

"No...you didn't." Flynn then told her as she put her trumpet down on the ground. Flynn walked over to us, wrapping her arms around mine and Julie's shoulders as she led us out of the music room, heading for the gym. We walked closer to the gym as I heard Dirty Candy start their performance.

[Dirty Candy]. 
Whoa-oh-oh. 
Whoa-oh-oh. 
Whoa-oh-oh. 
Whoa-oh-oh. 
See 'em look, hear 'em "ooh-ah". 
Hands up, throwback, booyah. 
We're the best, no doubt. 
Check it out, yeah, we make 'em say "wow". 
Made moves, on the rise now

"Look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and Katy Perry's choreographer." Flynn said, looking at Carrie's Dirty Candy as the three of us walked into the gym.

"Well, it paid off." Julie said as Flynn crossed her arms, still watching Dirty Candy.

Check it out, yeah, we make 'em say "wow"

[Carrie]
Yeah, we're going sky high, never gonna settle. 
Living in the fast lane, pedal to the metal. 
We see it, we want it, we get it, we got it. 
Everybody lose control. 
We came to play, where you at? 
We're going hard, just like that, yeah. 
We the bomb, chain react. 
Blow their minds and watch them

[Dirty Candy]
See 'em look, hear 'em "ooh-ah". 
Hands up, throwback, booyah

I heard a poof as Julie and I looked over, seeing Luke, Alex, and Reggie standing next to us. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked the three as they all looked at me and Julie.

"We wanna see you two stick it to the man." Luke told us with a grin on his face. "Isn't that right, boys?" Luke then asked Reggie and Alex, looking at them.

"Man, I miss high school." Reggie then said as I looked at him, seeing him staring at Carrie and Dirty Candy.

Made moves on the rise now. 
Run stuff get a piece of that pie now. 
We're the best, no doubt. 
Check it out, yeah, we make 'em say "wow"

[Carrie]
Come follow me, we gon' make history.
Cause we are the champions like Freddie Mercury. 
Yeah, we gonna rock you, never gonna not do. 
Always making headlines, yeah, we're the hot news

[Dirty Candy] 
See 'em look, hear 'em "ooh-ah". 
Hands up, throwback, booyah. 
We're the best, no doubt. 
Check it out, yeah, we make 'em say "wow". 
Wo-ow. 
Wo-ow

I glanced over, seeing Alex dancing along to Dirty Candy as I looked at Julie, getting really nervous. Julie then looked at me as we both looked at the boys right when Luke told Alex to cut it out.