Chapter 23: Finally Free

Ash's POV* 

"Next up, Dirty Candy." The announcer announced as Julie and I walked into the venue, meeting up with Flynn who was waiting for us.

"Are we too late?" Julie asked Flynn as she looked at the two of us.

"Too early." Flynn told her as everyone started to clap; the three of us looked up, seeing Carrie's Dirty Candy up on the stage about to start performing.

"Hope you all came to have a great time!" Carrie announced to the crowd, giggling. She put on a pair of pink reflector sunglasses (which matches her outfit) before walking to the back of the stage.

"How did Dirty Candy get on the list?" I asked no one in particular as I looked at Flynn and Julie, who just shrugged in response.

"Her daddy probably made a call." Flynn answered as she spotted something on Julie's jacket. "I like this! Pretty flower." She then said, pointing to a pin on the jacket.

"Thanks. It's a dahlia. My mom's favorite." Julie said to her as the music started. 

[Carrie] 
Whenever I walk in the room,
a
ll the focus on me. 
The way I talk, the way I move, 
they all want on my team. 
Not tryin' to brag, brag, but I'm flawless. 
I'm taking over your playlist. 
Ain't perfect but I can't miss, yeah

I heard a chuckle from behind me as I turned around, seeing that Alex, Luke, and Reggie are here; Alex was wearing his normal distressed jacket, but Reggie and Luke were wearing sleeveless shirts. And, just saying, but that shirt does nothing to hide Reggie's muscles and I love it. I then felt someone elbow me as I looked to my side, seeing Julie smirking at me. "You're staring." she whispered to me as I rolled my eyes, trying to play it off. 

"No, I'm not." I told her, feeling my cheeks heat up as I looked back at Dirty Candy

The party don't start till I walk in.
I'm stealing all the attention.
Don't get me started on mentions, yeah

Alex then poofed on stage, standing behind Carrie as I looked at him before looking at Luke and Reggie. "What?" Julie asked as Reggie just shrugged, all of us watching Dirty Candy and now Alex; Alex tried to follow Carrie's dance moves, but he failed pretty miserably. It was really funny to watch, though. 

Some might say I sound conceited.
They don't get the shine that I get.
Some get jealous, they can't help it. 
They wish they were me, oh

Alex then poofed back to us as we all looked at him, amused. "You look like you're having fun out there." I pointed out to Alex as he looked at me, clearing his throat.

"It's not my fault. It's my, um...it's my feet." Alex told me as we all just looked at him.

"Yea." Julie then said, not really believing him with a smile on her face.

"Put me back in, Coach." Alex then said before he poofed back on stage, dancing again; Flynn then looked at me, confused.

"Oh, it's the guys." I clarified as Julie nodded.

[All] 
I keep the party going all night, all night.
I set the trends that you all like, all like.
I make an entrance when I don't try, don't try
cause all I see is all eyes on me.

[Carrie]
When I grow up I wanna be me, be me.
I'm my own goals just talking honestly.
Must have won the lottery.
Ain't no one as hot as me.
Stealing looks, it's robbery.
Everywhere I go all eyes on me

Julie and I looked at Alex, still chuckling as he continued to dance with the girls.

[All]
I only lead I never follow follow. 
I never open cause it's my show, my show. 
Don't know if people think I'm shallow, shallow. 
But all I see is all eyes on me