Chapter 26: Perfect Harmony

Ash's POV* 

"Boys, I want you to focus and leave it all out on the field." Coach Barron told his players as I rose an eyebrow, looking at Ethan.

"Sports analogy." Ethan said to me as he just shrugged. 

"You're losing them, Frank." Mrs. Kelly told the coach.

"No. I got 'em." Coach Barron replied. No, you don't. 

"Breath in...breath out. Shake out your nerves. Surrender to the music and to your partner. Here we go." Mrs. Kelly then told us all as I took a deep breath before exhaling. I looked around the gym, making eye contact with Julie as I sent her an encouraging smile. 

"I, uh...I don't remember anything about surrendering." Ethan then said as I turned around to look at him.

"Don't worry, Reggie. You'll do fine." I told him, sending him a comforting smile.

"Uh...it's Ethan." Ethan told me, a little confused as my face turned to one of awkwardness.

"Right! Ethan. Sorry. Me and my wandering brain. Junior year is a pain in the ass with the ACT and all that, and I'm just super stressed out right now. Reggie...is actually a character from one of my favorite shows." I then told Ethan, stringing together this web of lies as he just nodded, still a little confused. "Anyway, we're gonna kill it." I added as the music started playing; I turned around as everyone lined up with their partners.

"Five, six, seven, eight." Mrs. Kelly counted down as we all started dancing the routine; when we got to the freestyle part, Ethan and I did it just like we practiced. Ethan jumped out as I then did a triple turn; I then jumped out of my turn, Ethan putting his hands on my waist before lifting me up before putting me back on the ground; I had my back facing him as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him as I looked at him; the two of us smiled at each other as I looked at the mirrors lining the room. I looked in the mirror as I stopped what I was doing because...Reggie was looking at me; he was wearing a white dress shirt, a blue plaid jacket and pants, and black dress shoes. 

I looked around me, seeing no one else in the gym except for Julie

I looked around me, seeing no one else in the gym except for Julie. She looked at me before we both looked back at the mirror, seeing both Reggie and Luke stepping through it.

[Luke] 
Step into my world

The background faded out of the gym and faded into a room with a black dance floor and white pillars.

Bittersweet love story about a girl.
Shook me to the core

Reggie walked up to me as he held his hand out in front of him. 

Voice like an angel,
I've never heard before

I slowly raised my hand, taking a deep breath as I placed my hand in his; I smiled at him as I started dancing with Reggie while Julie sang to Luke.