Chapter 20: Dance Class

Ash's POV* 

"And right. And left. Step, touch. Step, touch." Mrs. Kelly instructed the dance class as we all followed her dance moves pretty well. At this point, I've ditched my shoes and socks, just wearing toe paws to dance in. 

"Flynn, do you know where Julie is? I haven't seen her all day." I asked Flynn as she looked at me, shaking her head. And speaking of the devil, Julie ran in the gym as Mrs. Kelly just looked at her.

"Oh, Julie, how nice of you to join us." Mrs. Kelly said to Julie as we all kept on doing the step, touch move.

"I'm so sorry. I overslept." Julie told her, sighing.

"Take your spot." Mrs. Kelly told Julie, pointing to the empty gap between me and Flynn. Julie walked over to me and Flynn, standing in between us as she looked at me. 

"Ash..." Julie started as I looked at her, "why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes." Julie said to me, sightly annoyed. 

"Well, I wasn't thinking to wake you up since you're normally the one waking me up. Besides, I thought you left early or something." I told her, shrugging as I defended myself; she just looked at me before looking at Flynn.

"Hey, you said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person." Flynn then defended herself as we started rolling our shoulders back.

"She has a point. Flynn is one of the literalist people I know." I commented to Julie as she just sighed. 

"It's ok. It's those stupid ghosts I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead." Julie said to the two of us as we kept on following Mrs. Kelly, now swinging our arms to loosen up our shoulders.

"I'm going to find a way to rekill them, I swear to God." I then said, mainly to myself, but Julie just nodded. 

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it." Flynn then said to us as Julie and I both looked at her.

"Ex-band." Julie and I told Flynn at the same time as I stopped dancing.

"Right, sorry. Ex-band." Flynn then said, apologizing as we all went into a lunge.

"Everything's all just so messed up. I thought the boys were in this with me and Julie. And as you can tell, I was obviously wrong." I then said, looking at Julie and Flynn as Mrs. Kelly started walking around the class.

"Hey, don't blame yourselves. You can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join a band." Flynn then said to us as we sat on our back foot, our front foot still out. "And speaking of cute, have either of you talked to Nick or Ethan today?" Flynn then asked me and Julie as I leaned forward, wrapping both of my hands around my foot, pulling my chest to the leg. "They were pretty chatty at the dance." She continued as I looked over at her.

"No, and I'm kinda dreading it." Julie told her as I nodding, agreeing with her.

"At least I know we won't see either of the boys in this class." I then said, Flynn and Julie standing up as I extended out my back leg, going into the splits.

"What? You've got to be kidding me." I then heard Julie say as I looked at her.

"What?" I asked her as I looked past her, seeing the boys' lacrosse team walking into the gym...Nick and Ethan are on the lacrosse team. "What are they doing here?" I asked Julie and Flynn as I got out of the splits, standing up.