Chapter 30: Unfinished Business

Ash's POV*

Reggie and I stayed like that for a few seconds before he put his hand down, laughing awkwardly. "I'm pretty proud of writing that without Luke or Julie's help." Reggie said to me, smiling.

"Yea." I said to him, agreeing as he smiled at me; he then held his hand out to me as I went to hold it, but my hand just passed through his; I sighed, putting my hand down as I put my guitar on the ground.

"This is an interesting little relationship you and I have." Reggie joked as I looked at him, smiling. "I'm glad you didn't say yes to going out with Ethan." Reggie added as I laughed a little.

"Why would I when I have you?" I asked him, smiling as he also smiled back. "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Flynn told me and Julie that the video of the band performing Great is trending on YouTube." I then told Reggie as he just looked at me since he has no idea what trending on YouTube even means. "That's a good thing. That means people love our music. Which means we'll definitely be getting calls from managers." I clarified as Reggie's smile faded a little; not like he's upset about anything, more like he needs to get something off his chest.

"Ash, there's something I need to tell you." Reggie then told me as I looked at him, nodding. 

"What's up?" I asked him. 

"Me, Alex, and Luke are all ghosts because we still have unfinished business we have to do." Reggie then told me as I nodded along.

"What do you guys have to do?" I asked him.

"We have to play the show we never got to play. The Orpheum." Reggie told me as I nodded again.

"Yea, that makes sense." I said to Reggie. "How are you guys gonna do it?" I then asked him, but before he could answer, he was knocked back by a purple jolt; it knocked him off my bed as he landed on the ground, groaning in pain. "Reggie!" I exclaimed as I literally jumped off my bed, kneeling next to him, concerned.

"We don't have a lot of time, Ash." Reggie then told me as he sat up, leaning against the wall as he put his hand on his chest where the jolt was.

"What was that? Are you ok?" I asked Reggie, concerned as he looked up at me.

"We did something that we shouldn't have. The night the three of us missed the dance, we met this ghost and he put this curse on us. If we don't join his house band...the jolts will destroy all three of us." Reggie then told me as I just looked at him.

"Then you have to join his house band." I told Reggie as he just looked at me.

"It's for eternity, Ash." Reggie told me as I just looked at him. "If we can play the Orpheum soon, then we can avoid all that and actually cross over." he continued as the two of us stood up.

"Cross over?" I questioned, not liking where this is going. "As in, going to heaven?" I then asked him as he just looked at me.

"That's what Luke's hoping for." Reggie told me as I sighed.

"So you either cross over, be in Caleb's band for eternity, or be destroyed by those jolts?" I then asked Reggie as he sighed, just looking at me.

"Yea." He answered as I just looked at him.

"So you're leaving me. Just like my parents did." I then said to Reggie and before he could say anything, I walked out of my bedroom.

"Ash, wait!" Reggie exclaimed as I closed my bedroom door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~