Chapter 17: Stolen Songs

Ash's POV*

"We're playing a school dance? Sweet!" Reggie exclaimed, reading the flyer I gave him as he and Luke leaned on the piano; I looked at Reggie from my spot on the couch, just thinking about what Flynn said to me about liking Reggie. I mean, the two of us have chemistry, yes, but we're just friends...right? 

"It's not exactly the Strip." Luke then said, disappointed, as Julie looked at him from her watering the plants.

"And you're not exactly alive, so you should be happy we have our first gig." Reggie told Luke, putting the flyer back down on the piano. 

"Listen, Julie and I weren't overly fond of singing at the dance at first either, but it'll be a great way to build a following. I mean, people will record the concert, put it on their Instagram and Snapchat stories, then it'll be all over social media." I explained to the boys as I stood up from my spot on the couch, walking over to the piano.

"Yea. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can." Reggie then said, agreeing with me as I walked to the opposite side of the piano the boys were at.

"No, you two are right." Luke then said, looking at me and Julie. "Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs." Luke continued as Julie put down the watering can.

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams?" Julie then asked, walking over to us.

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour." Luke then said to us.

"A world tour! London, Paris, New Zealand...where we release a bunch of hit albums." I continued on as Reggie looked at me, smiling at my enthusiasm about the world tour.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." Reggie then said as we all looked at him. "I shred on the banjo, so..." Reggie added before trailing off.

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle." I told Reggie, smiling as the two of us air fist-bumped.

"And Ash will blow up as a country singer just because of her Mariah Reynolds singing voice from Hamilton." Julie then joked as I looked at her.

"We...don't talk about that in front of boys." I joked back as we both started to laugh.

"Mariah Reynolds singing voice?" Reggie questioned, looking at the two of us.

"Long story short: Mariah Reynolds in a character in Hamilton who sings in a really seductive tone because, in her one song, she's trying to seduce someone." Julie clarified, looking at him as he just looked at me, smirking.

"Seductive?" Reggie asked me as I shrugged. "Maybe I can hear it?" He then asked me, flirting lightly as he walked up to me.

"Oh, I don't know Reggie. I don't think you could...handle it." I responded, smirking as Luke rolled his eyes at me and Reggie.

"Oh, my God, help us all." Luke muttered under his breath, probably talking about me and Reggie. "And then we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame." Luke then continued, going back to the original conversation.

"But one of us isn't there. Because we had a blowout in 2032. My money's on Alex." Reggie then said to us as Luke nodded. "He's so sensitive." he added.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!" Luke then exclaimed, pumped.

"Speaking of Alex...where is he?" I then asked Luke and Reggie as they both looked at each other before looking back at me and Julie.

"We can rehearse without him for now. He usually catches up pretty quickly." Luke told me as the four of us walked over to our instruments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~