Chapter 35: Titanium

Ash's POV* 

It's been almost three months since Julie and I first met Alex, Luke, and Reggie that one fateful night; we played the Orpheum about a month and a half ago. In that short month and a half, mine and Reggie's relationship has grown a lot farther and I'm loving every bit of it. 

I was currently in the kitchen, looking through the fridge for something for lunch, but there was literally nothing in there; I guess that means Ray's big shopping day is this weekend. "Julie!" I shouted throughout the house since it was just the two of us home with the boys.

"What!" I heard her shout from her bedroom. 

"Come here!" I shouted back and I swear I heard Luke groan in frustration from upstairs. After a few moments, I heard footsteps walking downstairs as I looked behind me, seeing Julie walking up to me. 

"What? Luke and I are upstairs writing songs." Julie told me, annoyed as she crossed her arms. 

"Just writing songs?" I asked her, smirking as I leaned against the counter. 

"Yes, Ash. Just writing songs. Mine and Luke's relationship isn't like yours and Reggie's." Julie told me as I just looked at her. "Luke and I don't make out every second we can. We haven't even kissed yet." she continued as I rolled my eyes. 

"We don't make out every second." I countered, crossing my arms as I heard a poof; Luke was standing in front of the dining room table. A second later, I heard a second poof as Alex landed right next to him. 

"I heard someone yell, so I came to see what's going on." Alex said, shrugging as he put his hands in his pant pockets. 

I then heard a third poof right behind me as Reggie wrapped his arms around me. "Hi." I said to Reggie, smiling. 

"Hello there." he responded as he kissed my cheek. 

"My point stands." Julie told me as I rolled my eyes. "So why did you call me down here?" she then asked me as I looked at her again, trying to remember why I called her down here in the first place. 

"Right, there's no food in the house so I was going to DoorDash Cane's or something for lunch." I said to her. 

"How about Chipotle? We haven't done that in a while." Julie suggested as I snapped my fingers, pointing at her, and liking her idea. 

"I like your idea better." I told her as I pulled out my phone, going to my DoorDash account. "What do you want?" I asked her as she just looked at me. "Yep. Stupid question. You want a...chicken burrito bowl with white rice, queso, guacamole, shredded cheese with a...Diet Coke." I said to Julie, seeing if I remember what she gets at Chipotle; she nodded as I put her order into DoorDash. 

"And you want three carne asada soft tacos with shredded cheese, lettuce, and queso on the side." Julie then said, reciting my order as I nodded. 

"I'm tempted to go and get Starbucks, too." I then said as Julie let out a laugh. 

"Everyone, meet Ashley Bennett. The basic white girl who gets Chipotle and Starbucks for lunch!" Julie joked as we both let out a laugh. 

"Man, I just realized I haven't had Starbucks in like...25 years." Alex then said as we all looked at him. "Is it still a small franchise or did it grow?" Alex then asked me as I raised an eyebrow. 

"You've been living here for like three months now and you never knew...? Ok. Starbucks is, I think, the biggest Coffee Shop franchise in North America." I told him as he looked at me, kinda shocked. 

"Seriously?" he asked me, Julie nodding as I placed our Chipotle order, paying for it online.

"This is so different than in 1995. She just ordered food on her phone!" Reggie exclaimed to his friends, pointing at my phone as I let out a laugh, leaning into him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.