Chapter 14: Flying Solo

Ash's POV*

Julie and I were in the studio, rehearsing with the boys for our show to Flynn. I stood in between Reggie and Luke, the three of us going through the guitar part for the chorus while Alex and Julie worked on their own parts. A few times when I looked over, I caught Reggie looking at me, but whenever I caught him as he would look away nervously, turning his attention back to his guitar. I looked back at my guitar, smiling softly as there was a knock on the studio door. Julie stood up from the piano as I took off my guitar, placing it on my guitar stand. The two of us walked over to the studio door, opening it to reveal Flynn. "Thanks for coming. We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever." Julie said to Flynn as Flynn crossed her arms.

"No, if I'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band, I want it to be perfect. So, get back in there." Flynn then told Julie and me, pointing at the two of us. "All of you. You too." she added, pointing around in the wrong direction of the guys. 

"They're not out here." I told Flynn, laughing a little.

"Oh, I know." Flynn told me, putting her hand on my shoulder as she walked inside the studio; Julie sighed, closing the doors. I walked up to my guitar, putting it back on as I looked at Reggie before looking back at Julie.

"All right, guys. You ready?" Julie asked us all as I saw Reggie looking at Flynn.

"Reggie, you good?" I then asked him as he looked at me; Flynn looked at me like I was crazy.

"You think you could get Flynn to move over? She's in my rock-out zone and it's weird to walk through someone." Reggie said to me as I nodded; I turned my attention to Flynn as she looked back at me. 

"Flynn, can you move over? Reggie needs some space to rock out and he feels kinda weird walking through you." I said to Flynn, relaying Reggie's message as Flynn started to laugh.

"How is that funny?" Reggie then asked me as I looked at him.

"She doesn't believe you guys actually exist." I told him as Flynn started to laugh harder.

"Boy, when you two create a word, you really live in it." Flynn then said to me and Julie as Luke and Alex looked at the two of us.

"Just..." I started as I walked over to a chair, grabbing it, "...sit." I then told Flynn as she sat down in the chair, far enough away from the boys.

"If you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram. Feel free to look around." Julie then said to Flynn as she walked over to her piano; Flynn crossed her arms, looking at the two of us as I stood next to Julie, my guitar ready. "The guys took poems that me and Ash wrote about you and put it to music." Julie then said to Flynn.

"Aww! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad after this." Flynn then said to Julie as I sighed.

"It's called Flying Solo. We hope you like it." I then told Flynn as I looked at Julie, giving her a nod. She then started playing a beat on a soundboard before recording it on a loop. 

[Julie] 
If I leave you on a bad note,
l
eave you on a sad note,
g
uess that means I'm buying lunch that day. 
I know all your secrets, you know all my deep-dish. 
Guess that means some things they never, 
they never change. 
We both know what I, what I, what I mean. 
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

The boys then started to play their instruments, singing as the three of them poofed visible. Flynn let out a scream, looking at them since, for her, they just appeared out of nowhere; she looked around the studio, probably looking for something that looked like a hologram projector, but as promised, she couldn't find anything. 

[Julie & Ash, Boys
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo (oh-oh-oh). 
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you (oh-oh-oh). 
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah.
(
Hey!) Yeah, yeah. 
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you (oh-oh-oh)

I then stopped playing my guitar as I grabbed a mic, walking over to Flynn and kneeling on the ground in front of her; I chuckled a little as she just looked at me, not believing this.

[Ash] 
Yеah, you know who I'm liking way before I like them, duh,
cause you liked them first. 
And if somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too. 
That's just how we work, yeah, that's just how we work. 
It will never

[All] 
Change

[Ash] 
We both know what I, what I, what I

[All] 
Mean

[Ash] 
When I look at you it's like I'm looking at me

I stood up again as Julie grabbed Flynn's hand, leading her over to Luke who moved to sit on the armrest of the couch; Flynn looked around, nervous as Luke smiled at her.

[All, Boys
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo (oh-oh-oh). 
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you. 
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah. 
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah

Julie then took Flynn over to Alex on the drum set as he also smiled at Flynn. Flynn then smiled at the boys as she started dancing along to the music like we all were.

My life, my life would be real low, zero flying solo without you

"Come on." I then said to Flynn, grabbing her hand as we walked over to Reggie. He smiled at me, me smiling back before he looked at Flynn. She then poked his shoulder, her hand going through him as she looked at him in shock.

"Weird, right?" he asked her as Flynn looked at me and Julie, shocked.

"They're ghosts!" Flynn exclaimed, shocked that Julie and I were right.

"Oh, we prefer, uh, musician spirits." Alex then said to her as I looked at him.

"Since when?" I asked him, a smile on my face as I walked back over to my mic stand.

"Uh...since now." he told me, shrugging as I let out a small laugh, putting my mic back on the mic stand.

"Julie, Ash...so does this mean you're joining our band?" Luke then asked the two of us as I walked back over to Julie and Flynn.

"Um..." Flynn started as she wrapped her arms around mine and Julie's shoulders. "Actually, I think you're joining their band." Flynn told Luke, smirking.

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie then said, smirking.

"Yea, me too." I then said to Luke, also smirking as all the boys smiled at us.

[All, Boys
My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo (oh-oh)

I started playing my guitar again as I walked over to Reggie, the two of us playing and singing together, sharing a mic; he looked at me, a smile on his face and I smiled back at him.

My life, my life would be real low, zero, flying solo without you. 
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah. 
(Hey!) Yeah, yeah. 
My life, my life would be real low, zero, 

[Julie]
Flying solo without you

Julie and Flynn stood in front of each other, smiling as Reggie chuckled, smiling at them before he looked at me, still smiling. "Ok, what?" I asked him, also smiling.

"Nothing." he told me, a smile still on his face as we looked back at Julie and Flynn.

"Hey, Flynn...still wanna talk to Ray?" I then asked her as I walked up to her and Julie.

"No, I'm good." she answered, smiling at the two of us as Luke chuckled, the boys all still smiling at us. Me, Julie, and Flynn then started to laugh as the three of us hugged. 

Ok guys, there's chapter 14! I hope you enjoyed it, so please comment and vote!

StarWarrior...signing off!