Caitlin

This whole 'Barry went by Sebastian in high school' thing was making her head hurt. Caitlin didn't want to be annoyed with Barry, but she was. Why didn't he trust her with this before?

Was Bailey the only one who knew?

Did Oliver know?

Should Caitlin tell Oliver? Would that be the right thing to do, as his friend?

Caitlin thought about it for a moment, before pulling out her phone to text Felicity.

Caitlin: did Barry tell Oliver abt his high school life?

Felicity didn't answer so Caitlin busied herself with work. She was trying another way of getting Barry drunk, at Bailey's request. Apparently, sober Barry is no fun at clubs. Caitlin wouldn't know, she was a blackout drunk.

Felicity: What happened at Barry's high school?

Caitlin: Just ask Oliver 

Felicity: He said no

Caitlin: Just give me his number felicity

Felicity: Common Caitlin

Felicity: Just telllllll me

Caitlin: No

Felicity: I'll find out somehow

She then sent Oliver's number, which, turns out, Caitlin already had. She just didn't know it was Oliver's number. 

Caitlin sent the text to Oliver and received a response quickly. Apparently, Oliver already knew. Thank goodness. She wouldn't have to betray Barry's trust. 

Not that she would, Caitlin just wanted to get her facts straight. 

Caitlin ended up working almost all day, stopping only for lunch and coffee, brought by Cisco. She had to keep an eye on the crime stats and do her job, figuring things out for Barry. Recently there had been some strange muggings that Barry was investigating. 

Usually Team Flash didn't pay much attention to regular crime, only metahuman crime, but this, it gave Barry and her some bad vibes. The muggings began that way, with a man coming out of an alleyway, trying to take women's purses. But when the women tried to resist, the man started beating them, kicking and punching. The bruises the women displayed were too pronounced to be from any sort of human, they were much too deep to be done by a regular human being. 

Caitlin hated the idea of anyone getting hurt, but especially women, being one herself, she was getting scared. About twelve of these muggings turned beatings have happened and there was no rhyme or reason to the location or women that they could see. 

Eventually, Felicity called, probably to address the texts from that morning. 

Caitlin answered the phone with a simple, "Hello."

"Hey, Caitlin. Is Barry with you?"

"No?" Caitlin responded. "He's at work. Why?"

Felicity replied, "Well, I did some research and turns out, he never went to high school. Just jumped from grade school to college." 

"Where did his highschool credits come from?" 

"Oh." She hung up, without saying goodbye. Caitlin wasn't upset if someone had asked her a question about her work she would jump to answer. Especially, if it wasn't something she knew the answer to. 

Caitlin moved to the computer bank, her coffee in her hands. It was around autumn, and it was getting colder, mostly in the cortex. The heating was never the same after the explosion, always a little too cold in the winter and warmer in the summer. Right now she was using her coffee to warm up her hands. Caitlin wore a comfy sweater, it was probably one of Cisco's hoodie's that he had left in the lab, but she didn't care. 

She watched the police scanner pulled up on one of the computers as Caitlin sipped on her coffee. Eventually, Cisco joined her. 

"Hey, Cait."

"Hi." She waved Cisco over, pulling out a chair, "Thanks for the coffee."

"No problem."

They sat there in silence for a bit, monitoring the scanner. Cisco sipped at a bottle of Coca-Cola and played on his phone. 

"Whatcha playing?"

He leaned over to show her, "It's this game where you try to match these little fruits and then you can do special bonus games, but only if you win." 

Caitlin watched him play the game for a bit, before noticing the scanner monitor flashing red. "Cisco, call Barry. There's a fire at the mall!"

Cisco immediately dialled Barry, who zipped over to put on his suit. They began typing, trying to find the best entrance to the mall, while the fire licked the ceiling.

Barry got everyone out safely but ended up a little bit burnt. He collapsed on the hospital cot. "You need to stop running in feet first," Caitlin glared. 

"I mean, I tried to think things through, but there was a kid in danger." Barry sputtered out the excuse.

Caitlin looked annoyed as she cleaned the burns and dressed them, even if Barry had accelerated healing he could still get infections. Though she looked mad, she was worried. Barry was taking more risks and was acting more stubborn, which might be related to his high school personality peeking through. 

After she gave him the go-ahead, he ran right out of there, probably to Star City.

Bailey showed up just as Felicity called her back.

"Hey, Felicity."

"He went by a different name in highschool!"

"Yeah, and?" Caitlin sighed. 

Felicity kept going, "so I found his high school transcript and its under the name Sebastian Smythe, which is Barry's cousin. But they look the same-" She took a big breath "So I think Barry and his cousin switched places in high school." 

"Barry went to Dalton Private School for highschool," Caitlin told her.

"What?"

Caitlin rolled her eyes, "Barry went by Sebastian Smythe in highschool, his 'cousin' is actually him." 

"Oh." Her voice sounded small, "I'm gonna do a ton of homework on this Sebastian character."

"Good for you." Caitlin didn't know what she was supposed to say.

"K. Well, bye." 

"Bye, Felicity." She hung up. Well, Felicity knew now. She would find out about the Glee club thing in about three minutes of scanning Wikipedia.

Caitlin couldn't find it in her to feel sorry for Barry, for telling Felicity. It was his fault for lying to her.

So... some shit is going on here. We get a little slice of life, some dialogue, and mild angst. Actually, I don't know if its actually angst. Well, it makes me a bit sad for Caitlin, to have thought that you had a friend, and found that they were lying to you? That's gotta hurt.

Leave comments, please. They make my days a bit more magical!

Sammi