Iris

Iris West had a plan. 

Well, it was about 25% of a plan, but Andrea said she would help and Iris wasn't going to waste that. 

She didn't have work that day and so had planned to meet Andrea at the CCPD. They were going to spy the hell out of Barry Allen. 

"Hey, Andrea." Iris waved to the woman who was standing outside the department. 

Andrea smiled, "Hi, Iris." 

The two were dressed in all black, mostly for the dramatic effect. Don't let anyone tell you Iris couldn't be dramatic. Growing up with a cop as a father made Iris into one of the most dramatic people in the world. 

The two women walked up the side staircase and into the Allen twins laboratory.

Barry was standing by the window, on the phone. Bailey was working with some sort of spinner machine and typing information into her computer.

Iris and Andrea snuck into the corner of the room. They curled into a little bundle, both touching each other in some way.

They listened, Iris' phone recording everything that was being said in the room.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at about 3?" Barry asked the person on the other end of the phone.

The other person responded in some way, presumably positive from Barry's reaction. Barry hung up, smiling.

Bailey turned to her brother, "Who are you meeting?"

"An old friend, from high school," Barry explained. Turning to sit at his desk and record information in its proper place on the computer. 

The women watched as Bailey rolled her eyes at her brother, "Yeah, but which friend?"

"Santana and her wife," Barry said and sigh. "We're meeting at Jitters this afternoon." 

Bailey stood up to grab another chemical for her experiment. "Which one is Santana?"

"The Latina Bitch," Barry told her, taking the chemical from his twin and adding it to the mixture of other chemicals. The two lit a bunsen burner under the chemical compound and waited for it to heat up properly. "Come on," Barry muttered to the test tube.

Iris watched as bubbles began to occur and the whole thing began to turn a clear colour, from the strange pink it was before. 

"Cool," Andrea muttered, her brown hair tickling Iris' face.

Iris West couldn't concentrate on Barry and his conversation. All she could focus on was Andrea and her closeness. She was lucky that she was recording the conversation because there was no way Iris was going to remember anything but Andrea. 

Iris' heart was pounding. 

What if Andrea could feel it?

What if Andrea thought she was weird?

What if Andrea never wanted to speak to Iris ever again?

Iris sighed, her exhalation light so as not to be caught spying on her friends.

You may ask, why was she stooping so low? But she needed answers and Iris didn't trust Barry to tell her the whole truth. Barry hadn't been telling her the truth recently. It was as if Barry told her half the truth, but hid the whole truth from her.

No matter, Iris was still stuck in this tiny crevasse with a very attractive girl, and no amount of self-pity would change that.

"So are you and Thea made up?" Barry asked his sister, who was still watching the spinny-thing.

Bailey smiled lightly, turning back to type more information into the computer as she responded, "Yeah, we have been for a bit. It was rocky but we're fine."

"Good, I didn't want to have to be mad at her for breaking your heart."

Bailey giggled, "Do you find it weird that you're dating Oliver and I'm dating his sister?"

"It is kind of strange," Barry said, thinking about it a bit more. "Gah, now I'm thinking about it too much."

His twin laughed, "I've been thinking about it a lot recently, so now its stuck in your head too."

Iris couldn't help but feel annoyed. Actually, she didn't want to be not annoyed, she had a right to be annoyed. Barry wasn't giving her anything but a time that he was going to meet with some highschool friend.

Her mind screeched to a halt. Maybe this highschool friend would have some information about Barry and the weird ways he'd been acting.

She whispered this to Andrea who nodded before muttering, "Is this really the best idea? To be spying on your best friend?"

"He's never going to tell me himself, and how am I supposed to be his best friend if I don't know everything about him?"

"Does he know everything about you?" Andrea asked.

Iris tried to shrug, but there wasn't enough space in their hiding spot. "Probably not."

"Maybe you guys need to share whats going on with you and then you'll feel better?"

Iris couldn't imagine that happening. Barry didn't share things and neither did she. They were both introverts, with bubbly extroverted exteriors. Neither of them felt comfortable sharing things because they were so similar.

Iris knew what Barry would do with the information she was hiding and she knew Barry had an idea of what she would do with his information. Neither of them felt safe enough to share those things, been though they had known each other longer than they hadn't. 

It was a precaution not to tell each other things. It was a precaution Iris would continue to take.

Heyyyyyyy. How yall doing? 

I'm sorry for taking so long on this chapter. I recently got diagnosed with severe depression, though I knew it was a possibility because of my genetics, it was still a surprise and I've been struggling with it.

You probably don't care that much, and I'm fine with that. I just hope you like this chapter and enjoy it. Remember to comment and let me know how you feel abt the chapter!

Sammi