ハンター試験パート三 | The Hunter Exam Part 3

"Man, I can't see a thing. 'You'll reach the top in two hours!' she said! Well it was two hours two hours ago!! Tch," Leorio complains as nightfall quickly comes.

"Another beware of magical beasts sign. I'm starting to think we're never gonna find this stupid exam sight. Guys I'm so hungry!!"

"Try to keep up Leorio!!" Gon calls.

"I think I see it!" Kurapika says, looking forward. (Y/N) nods, pointing to the distant cabin.

The group makes their way towards it, Leorio taking the liberty of knocking on the door once they arrive.

"Hey, anybody home?"

"I guess not," Gon answers.

Leorio turns the doorknob, opening the doors. "Coming in!" He announces.

The four walk in, only to freeze upon seeing a mess. And in the center, a magical beast holding onto an injured woman with another injured man on the floor beside them.

"Magical beast!" Leorio shouts as Kurapika pulls out his weapon.

"A what?!" Gon repeats.

(Y/N) growls, veins appearing on her forehead as her eyes grow sharper and become slitted. She didn't like the fact that that creature was endangering the woman, let alone the man who was already injured.

"It appears to be a kiriko. It can take on human form. They're extremely intelligent," explains Kurapika.

"He's got a woman!" Gon shouts.

"And the guy on the floor looks like he needs a doctor bad," Leorio adds.

The kiriko suddenly jumps out the window, breaking it and taking the woman with him in the process.

"Please, help...save her..." the man manages to speak. "You have to save my wife...!"

Leorio kneels down, quickly taking out medical supplies from his briefcase.

"Leorio, see to his injuries!" Kurapika orders as the three race off after the magical beast.

"Right, I'm on it!"

The three run through the darkness, (Y/N) and Gon keeping a close eye on the kiriko which dashes through the trees

The three run through the darkness, (Y/N) and Gon keeping a close eye on the kiriko which dashes through the trees. Suddenly Gon leaps up into the trees, following the kiriko that held onto the injured woman. Kurapika smiles, slightly impressed by Gon's skill.

(Y/N) follows Kurapika, deciding to stay on the ground and wait for Gon to get the woman.

"Hey kiriko, let the lady go!!" Gon shouts.

"Hehe, why don't you try to take her from me!!" It shouts back.

Gon, caught off guard, misses the next branch, falling to the ground. He quickly catches up to the other two, fishing pole in hand.