ハンター試験パート十一 | The Hunter Exam Part 11

"Okay, it's time to end this! Drag him off and send in your next contender!" Leorio demands, pointing a finger at the prisoners.

"That's not possible," says the female prisoner.

"Wait, what?!"

"I said I'm afraid we can't move him. His match isn't over yet."

"I don't get it, how is the match not over?? What are you talking about?!"

"He's still alive, just unconscious," she reveals, bending down to Majitani's level. "Oh, don't you remember? This was a fight to the death. One of them either had to die or admit defeat. He's still alive, and he hasn't surrendered," she giggled.

(Y/N) growled slightly. If her memory serves her correct, Majitani did admit defeat.

"Talk about splitting hairs," Leorio scoffs.

"Maybe, but you've gotta admit she's right."

"I'm with Killua," Gon agrees.

"That's how it is?? Alright Kurapika, get over there and put that loser out of his misery," Leorio orders.

"I refuse."

"Wha-huh? What do you mean refuse?!"

"The fight was already over. It was clear to me that by the time I punched him he had already lost the will to fight. I will not continue fighting a loser."

"Seriously?! What are we supposed to do?! Cause those guys are claiming the match hasn't even ended yet!!"

"I will leave that to him."

"Huh?!"

"He can decide his own fate just as soon as he revives."

"Come on, we don't have that much time and it's running out fast! We can't afford to just sit around here and wait!"

"My mind's made up Leorio!"

"Aw, gimme a break!"

"Hey, I can kill him if you don't want to," Killua offered. "Never killed anyone before, have you? Are you scared?"

"Wether or not murder is frightening has never entered my mind. Regardless, this is a one-on-one battle. You can't interfere."

"Fine I won't argue. Except, if you were a team player you wouldn't be acting so selfish!"

"Hey, you said something useful for once!! Do that more often!" Leorio shouts. He then turns to Kurapika. "Don't you know you're screwing up our chances?!"

"That's true but it doesn't change my position."

Leorio bends down to Kurapika's level, their foreheads touching. "You stubborn little idiot," he seethes. He then stands up, yelling, "Alright, time for majority rule!! Press o to kill the bastard, or x to let him live!! Ready, and!!" He presses his button, but nothing happens.

"WHY IN THE HELL ISN'T IT WORKING?!"

"I bet it's cause we're the ones asking the question," Gon answers.

"It looks like the timers only work for questions the examiners ask," Killua explains.

"I should have known. In that case...okay!! We'll do it the old fashion way! Raise your hand if you think we should finish him!!" Leorio was the only one to raise his hand. "Me!!"

He looked around, only to see that nobody else had raised their hands.

"Whose side are you on?! A minute ago you were trying to get him to do it just like I was!! We're in this together! Where's your team spirit?!" Leorio shouts in Killua's face.