ハンター試験パート五 | The Hunter Exam Part 5

It's been two hours since the exam began, and the applicants have travelled more than 30 kilometers from the starting line. No one knows how far they'll have to go. Nevertheless, they struggle to match the leaders pace. Well, most do anyways. (Y/N) seems to have no problem running with the rest of the group. But she couldn't say the same for a lot of people as they had already begun to drop like flies.

 But she couldn't say the same for a lot of people as they had already begun to drop like flies

"Hey, wait up kid!" Leorio calls out to a silver haired boy riding on a skateboard. (Y/N) turns around with a curious hum.

"How about you show a little respect for the exam?!"

"What do you mean?" The boy asks.

"I mean, quit using a damn skateboard! That's cheating!!"

"How's that?"

"How?! This is an endurance test that's how!"

"No it's not," Gon interjects.

"What are you babbling about now Gon?!"

"The examiner guy only said we had to follow him, that's all."

(Y/N) nods in agreement.

"Hey, who's side are you on anyway?!"

The silver haired boy rides his skateboard next to (Y/N) and Gon.

"Hey, how old are you two?"

"Twelve years old," Gon answers.

(Y/N) holds up her fingers, forming the number 14.

"I think I'll run for a little while," the boy decides, doing a cool trick with his skateboard.

"Woah, cool!"

"My name's Killua."

"Hi, I'm, Gon! And this is (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) gives Killua a closed eyed smile.

It's been about 4 hours since the exam began, and in total everyone has run about 60 kilometers.

(Y/N) and Gon falter for a moment, seeing Leorio drop his briefcase and fall behind the group. He stops to catch his breath, and Gon and (Y/N), as well as Killua, who was curious as to why his new friends had stopped, halted as well.

"Hey, forget about him. You gotta keep moving," says Killua. But (Y/N) and Gon continue to watch Leorio.

"Man, screw this! I'm becoming a hunter no matter what!!!" Leorio yells, standing up and running with a burst of energy. "Damn it all!!!"

Gon and (Y/N) smile, glad that their friend found his fire. Gon then uses his fishing rod to catch Leorioo's briefcase, taking it with a small "Got it!"

"Woah, that was awesome!" Killua gushes with a smile. "Can I try that later?" He asks as the three continue running.

"Sure, if I can try your skateboard!"