Kabanata 54

54

Aside from waking up next to her every morning, going home to her is one of the best part of my day. The thought of her waiting for me at home gives me inspiration. Hindi nakakapagod ang trabaho lalo nang alam kong naghihintay siya sa akin sa bahay.

She looked preoccupied when I got home. Matamlay ang mga mata niya at mukhang malalim ang iniisip. As her husband, I need to take care of her.

"I was just really tired. Masakit pa ang paa ko."

I nodded and let her sit. I prepared warm water to massage her feet. Lagi siyang naka stilettos, malamang ay talagang sasakit ang paa niya.

She stopped me from what I am doing. I didn't follow her, though. Maliit lang ang bagay na ito kung ikukumpara sa mga nagawa niya para sa akin.

"I don't even do things for you." She looked away.

What she does is everything to me. Everytime she greets me good morning makes me wanna start my day. Sa simpleng good night ay nabubuo na ang gabi ko. When she smile at me, I feel like I am the luckiest man in the world. Sobra-sobra ang mga iyon. And her being my wife is too much for me. I don't deserve her, but she married me.

"Pinakasalan mo ako kahit hindi ako ang dapat. You accepted me after everything. I do not have the right to demand more from you."

Her eyes sparkled. I smiled at her and continued what I am doing. She wiped her teary eyes when I looked at her.

"Sobra-sobra na sa aking pinakasalan mo ako. Wala na akong ibang hihilingin pa, Anastasia.."

Matamis siyang ngumiti saka hinalikan ang pisngi ko. Her eyes were still sad. Alam kong may problema. I know deep inside that she's not okay. Ngunit hindi ko naman pipiliting sabihin niya sa akin ang gumagambala sa kaniya. I just want to make her feel that nothing changed. I am still here for her like before, when we were kids.

I was thinking of her the whole day at the office. Nang makauwi ay agad din siyang sumalubong sa akin. I will always feel complete whenever I see her.

"About the girl I mentioned to you.." she bit her lower lip. "The girl whom Joaquin is in love with.."

I nodded and frowned. She seems so bothered about it. Noong nakaraan pa.

"Uh huh? What about her?"

She inhaled a deep breath and looked directly at me. She doesn't look okay. Nanginig ang labi niya bago nagsalita.

"S-she's me."

My heart started racing. Hindi ko alam kung bakit inis agad ang naramdaman ko. He's in love with my wife?

"Don't meet with him anymore." I coldly said.

He'd been with Anastasia while I was gone! Did he make a move? Kaya ba siya hindi dumalo ng kasal ay dahil doon?

"I can't do that, Ayden. Kailangan din naming mag-usap."

Nanginginig ang boses niya at parang naiiyak na. I exhaled deeply and walked away. Hanggang sa hagdan ay sinundan niya ako.

"What's there to talk about? His feelings for you?" I bitterly asked.

"Y-yes.." she sighed. "Ayden, the situation is messy. Kahit si Faye ay kailangan ko ring makausap."

I do not have a problem with Faye. Iyong Joaquin na iyon ang problema ko. I don't care if he was my friend. He can't be in love with my wife. I won't let him take her away from me.

"Do you like him?"

"W-what? No!" She exclaimed.

Tuluyang sumabog ang inis ko. Then that's it! Hindi niya gusto, kung ganoon ay huwag na siyang makipag-usap! Huwag na siyang makipag-kita kahit na kailan!