Chapter 3

Sage

"No Eve, tonight is not the last night of my freedom, tonight is the first night of my freedom" I said with a smirk.

"You are not going through with that, are you?" she said with wide eyes. "I am, I will runaway tonight." I said with determination.

"Have you completely lost it?" She said looking around ensuring no one is hearing this. "How are you going to go through with that? Where is the runaway bride thinking of going huh, tell me where do you think Don cannot find you or forget Don, your Father will find you before that. Have you thought what will happen then?" She said agitated and concerned. "Justin is moving to Vancouver, I will go with him." I said. I have everything in place. I have the money, I have the man I love and I have the courage. I do not want to live a pitiful life that is worse than death. I don't want the life of my mother or any other woman I know in my Father's world.

"God Sage you, have you ever thought, what will you do, where will you run when they will look for you. Wha-what if they send the Shadow after you" she said as her hands flew to her mouth scared of the name she just mentioned. Even I gulped in fear. There is no one alive who do not fear him. Even my Father fears him. Though he never accepts it, but I have seen that fear in his eyes over his mention.

Shadow is Don's eldest son and most feared man in the Mafia. He is a ruthless killer and he has no mercy in him. The rumors about him being so inhuman has made him earned the name of Shadow. They say he will come and kill you before you can blink, that's why he is called Shadow because you can never run from him.

His name is Azriel, some says it his name means shadow, while some says he is named after the Angel of Death, and he live up to his name.

No, I can't be held back with these fears. "Eve, we have never even seen him, he won't come after me. You think I am that important that Don will send the Shadow to get me." I scoffed "Sage, you are supposed to be his son's wife, you think finding you is not important?? Are you even listening to yourself." She broke my illusions. "I-I, no Eve, I will run far away before Shadow could reach me. I can't live without Justin. I love him too much." I said.

"Eve, I can't live a life in chains. This is our only chance Red, you live only once, and I want to live. I made sure to get the best out of every moment I spend within these walls and that's what I want with my life. I want to fly Eve." I said slipping in my world. A world that is different from the one created by my father. A world where there aren't mansions of brick and mortal but a home made of love. I may not have diamonds at my disposal but I have the freedom to go to grocery store and bring my favorite chocolates. A world where I and Justin can build our life without any rules and fear.

"Oh Sage, I hope the fire inside you do not burn you" she said hugging me. "Come with me Eve, why do you want to stay in this hell?" I asked her for the 100th time to come with me. I don't want to leave her behind. "I don't want to Sage, but I do not have the courage like you. I can't. Your Father will kill my Dad, before he will kill me. I can't let anything happen to him. I don't know from where you are getting this courage, but Sage I will pray that you get your Justin and the life you dream to live." She said as she hugged me again

"Signorina we should leave" Stepheno appeared from nowhere startling Eve.

I nodded and we left for our house. I dropped Eve first and bid her goodbye, I don't know when I will see her again but I want all the happiness in the world for her.

"Stepheno" I said sitting in the limo. "Yes Signorina?" He said. "Can I ask you something? Can you do me a favor?" I asked him "Of course what do you need Signorina, tell me" he said turning to backseat. "Promise me you will protect Eve. When I will be gone, you will take care of my Barbie" I said tears filing my eyes. "I promise you Signorina, I will protect your friend. But why do you say so, you are getting married not like going on an exile." He said smiling and I nodded with a smile. I will miss him too. He is not a filthy man whore like others. He respected women irrespective of their background. Unlike others who couldn't keep it in their pants if the woman is not from some high ranking family.