Chapter 31

Sage

He was on top on me. His suit jacket was gone, his tie was loosened around his neck as he bit my neck making my core tingle.

I was reminding myself again and again that it's just sex, only for the child. Stop feeling and stop hoping for more.

But I couldn't help it. I was never accustomed to no strings attached concept. Whole my highschool I just had one boyfriend and I slept with Justin only after I was sure that I love him and he loved me and this, this is my husband how can feeling for him and hoping from him is wrong.

I sucked in a breath as I felt his bite on my shoulder hard enough to draw my blood. My eyes stung as I held back my tears. I fisted the bedsheet to stop my tears from falling.

He peppered down tender kisses on the wound making it hard to believe that it was him who actually gave the pain to begin with.

His lips moved to my jaw making sure it stung when he sucked. I craned my neck to the side to give him more access. His one hand moved to mine and his grip tightens around mine. He lifted his face from my neck "I will try to be less aggressive, but if it hurts you tell me okay?" He said and I nodded. Why he said this? He never said this before, does that mean he is going to be rough tonight. It's not like he was less rough before. I nodded and in a blink of an eye he turned me around and I was on my stomach.

He shifted my hair from my back and I could feel his breath at my neck and I escaped a heartbeat realizing that he is seeing it for the first time. "Ma-master I-I-" "What does it mean?" He asked as his fingers slowly brushed my tattoo on the back starting just below the nape of my neck and ended just before my waistline. "It's b-braille" I said scared as to how will he react. No one in my family ever saw my tattoo except for Eve. This was another act of my rebel nature. He pulled my hair making me gasp "I didn't ask that, I asked what it means" he said biting on my ear.

"Un-Uncon-Unconditional lo-love" I stuttered and he kept silent for a moment and he burst into laughter. He rolled off me and was laying on his back on the bed and laughing. I laid there silently looking at him.

He turned his face to me and his hands reach my hair brushing the strands off my face "How stupid are you Sage? You believe in such bullshit" he said and I looked down. I did. I did believe in love. In unconditional love because I always loved unconditionally. I loved my mother, Eve, uncle Brandon and Justin and I loved all of them with every ounce of me. He pulled my chin making me look at him "This was for your highschool lover" he asked and I shook my head lightly "Then, your father. I can't believe Romano let you have the tattoos " he said laughing again. "He never knew" I said softly. "Really! Impressive that you pulled it off." He said sitting a bit with the support of his elbow on the bed. "I-I loved tattoos, it meant the things you are a believer off, something you stand for so I-I once snuck in a tattoo stall at a fair with Eve." "Huh, you really did have the fire" he said blankly staring at me. "I didn't get it for Ju-Justin" "Yeah I heard, you got it because you are a fool" he said with a chuckle and laid back. "There is no such thing as unconditional Sage. There is always a price" he said looking at the ceiling. "I never asked for the price" I said and his face turned to me. "I loved unconditionally" I said softly fisting the pillow cover. "And look where it had got you" he said and my eyes met his. "Look how unhappy you are Sage" he said trailing his fingers on my cheek. Tears start to well up at the back of my eyes. "I don't want to be unhappy" I said sobbing lightly. His fingers reached my tattoo again "and I don't want scars on you. You know permanent tattoos can be removed." He said and my eyes widen. "D-do you wa-want it removed?" I asked fearing the reply. Fearing for what Sage, he is right, see where your unconditional love has got you.

"If I wanted it removed it will be removed" he said bringing his hand in my hair. "Right Sage?" He asked and I didn't say anything, because I don't want to get it removed. He might be right on how my love has got me so sad yet I want to be in love again. I want to feel those butterflies fluttering again. I still want to love unconditionally. Do you have any left in you? No I don't but when I feel Azriel lips on mine, I find myself drowned in him, in that moment I feel alive, like I can love again.