Chapter 53

Azriel

"Azriel!" Dan came to hold me up. "You okay?" He asked checking the wound.

"Look what happens when you forget where you belong." I heard Matteo's smug laced voice. A grunt echoed and I realized he had kicked Zyan making him stumble.

"Take Eve from here" I whispered to Dan. There is no chance that she is making out alive from here. "But you-" my look cut him off and he nodded getting up.

He sneaked her out as Matteo and Zyan indulge in a dual. I coughed blood. Damn Alexander did stab me good.

"It shouldn't have come to this level son. If anyone will try to take what belongs to my family, I won't let him go unscathed" Alexander said sitting on the couch looking down at me. I scoffed "And here I thought I was your family" I tried to get up but the wound stretched making me fall again. I took a deep breath and tried to get up again. My eyes met his and for a moment I was back in our house playing basketball. Laughing.

"You can kill me Dad?" I asked.

After how many years I actually called him Dad from my heart. Not sarcastically but I actually was surprised that he stabbed me. I knew he used to pretend but I didn't know that he can stoop down this low. All this time I wanted to earn this position by the code. I never thought of killing him but he did. "Even for an inanimate object, people develop affection after so many years. I was still your son" I said and then a thought made me laugh maybe everyone who I actually thought is mine is okay killing me. Today Sage pulled the trigger on me and now my father. I stood up finally gaining my strength.

"Let Zyan go Matteo" I said still looking at Alexander. "Let's keep family business in family, right? It's between you and I. If you want your loving son to stay alive, keep it between you and I." I said to Alexander.

I rounded myself around landing a kick on Matteo's gut. "I am not an amateur, little brother. You can't hit me from back" I spitted. "Zyan leave" I said. He stood up to leave but halted as the door guards came inside.

"Hold this son of a bitch" Matteo instructed them and I smirked. "Zyan I said leave. Go with Eve. You both are free" he looked at me confused.

He stepped towards the door and left. He nodded at me saying thanks as he left without any hurdle. "What the fuck? Why did you guys not stop him?" Matteo blasted at them.

"Because they are my soldiers." I said and he turned to me. "I have trained them and I command them. I am their Capo. They follow my instructions" I said holding him up but the collar and punching him down. "Not of some pathetic weasel who is nothing more than a last name" I threw more punches at him.

"They might be your soldiers but I am still their boss including yours" Alexander said from the place he was sitting unaffected. His words stopped my fist.

He was right they will turn against me if the command will come from him. So without wasting I punched Matteo in the gut and kicked him.

"Leave Matteo or you won't make out of here alive." He said as Matteo toppled over the floor.

I laughed and I turned to him "You think I am alive?" I said to him. "No Father. You have done this long ago. You killed me the day you snatched me from her arms." I said holding him up from the collar.

"Azriel listen-" "No! Not anymore. Ora ascolta, papà. Ascolti" (Now you listen Dad. You listen) I said as tears welled up in my eyes. "You killed me. You killed her." I said and punched him.

"Enough you bastard" Matteo pulled me back and kicked me at the place where I was stabbed. "What are you waiting for Dad?" Matteo said. Alexander turned towards the window avoiding to look at me. "Throw him out" he said and guards came inside. They pulled me up to take me out.