Chapter 17

Azriel

"Rosa calm down! They are not here. No one is here" I was trying to keep her calm as she screaming in her sleep chasing another nightmare. I pressed her hard from her shoulders "Rosa, Rosa wake up" but she is just not listening just mumbling the same thing and screaming in a loop. She has gripped her stomach too tightly and I am trying to rip her hand away before she draws her blood. "Rosa!" I sat her up and she jolted awake. I hugged her tightly "shhh....relax relax....stai bene...va bene, va tutto bene. Sei al sicuro. Relax Tesoro" (It's okay, everything is okay, you are safe). She held me tightly from my shoulders. I laid her back on the bed. "Easy Rosa." I said brushing her hair. I wiped the sweat from her forehead. "What you saw?" I asked, I know it's difficult for her to remember but I need to know. I need to know for myself. "I don't remember" she said. "Try to think...something, anything" I pressed again. "Darkness. Just Darkness. And he took you away from me. He separated us. He took you far from me. He took you...." "shhh...relax, relax. It's okay. Quiet. Easy. Easy." I sat beside her and hugged her brushing her shoulders. "You will not leave me, right?" She asked "Ofcourse not Rosa. Never" I said kissing her on the forehead. "You are all I have Azu, promise me you never leave me. Never" she said holding my hand tightly. "Rosa, Rosa look at me." I said and she lifted her eyes. Her beautiful blue eyes that became red due to tears  "I will never leave you. Never" I said and she hugged me and I hugged her back. I sat with her until she slept.

"Maria, take care of her. Call me if she wakes up" I told her nurse who take care of her here. "Don't worry Mr. Rivers. I will take care of her." She assured and I left.

I was drinking and her screams were coming back to me again and again. I hate to see her like this. I like when she draws, giggles, eat, talk and insist on listening stories from me but when she is trapped in her nightmares, it scares me so much.

I took another sip and opened my new book Tale of two cities. Ava hooked me up on these novels. She even subscribed a weekly magazine too regarding literature. I do not believe in these stories though but I read them because I promised her. She feel they will bring out the human in me. Silly girl. I am human. I just don't let my emotions come in between my target. That's what Don has taught me since childhood. To not let your emotions come in between because if you won't kill first, your opponent will kill you. I made my first kill when I was seven years old. Don said I need to be stronger than others than only I can beat them and I did beat. Everyone. Everytime.

I got distracted by a text on my phone. It's from Dan "911" I rolled my eyes thinking what new hell is this. I called him "Jane Davis" he said "the journalist I killed?" "Uh-huh turns out Missy wasn't alone. She was talking to someone. Don suspects that partner of her has the video too" "Bullshit if he has proof against Alexander than why hasn't he gone public yet." "He demanded money from Don in exchange of it." "Stupid fucker. Send me his address. And do the background check this time will ya? I am not singing this same song again. See the other prospects too" "You Got it" he said and disconnected.

I kept my book aside and took off my glasses. I reached my closet and got dressed again and wore my contacts. I load my gun and kept my knife.

I was driving when my migraine started hitting me. Ughhhh not now. I said irritated. What has triggered it now, Dan I thought. I rubbed my temple along with driving it was increasing. I reached the address Dan texted.

I knocked at the door and a boy in his early twenties opened the door. "You Henry?" I asked. "Yes. Who are you?" I looked at him surprised. I opened my phone to see the video feed Dan has sent me where he saw that blonde giving the USB. I matched the face, he seems same. This boy is threatening Don  "You are Henry Martin?" I asked again just to confirm. I don't want to kill a wrong guy. "Yeah I am." He said "Now who are you?" He asked again. "What is wrong with you kid" I said shaking my head. I moved inside moving past him. "Hey, where are you coming in? Who are you?" He asked again. "Shadow" I told settling in his couch in the living room.  The color of his face drained "Looks like you know me" I said with a smirk. "W-wh-why are you h-h-here?" He stuttered. "D-D-Did you blackmailed D-Do-Don l-like th-this" I said sarcastically. "You didn't fumble while asking for millions to give something that's ours to begin with" I said strolling towards him. "Look I-I don't wa-want to leak it. I-I am just asking for a fair price" "No son, what you are doing is called extortion. So now be a good boy and bring me that video" I said patting his shoulder.