Chapter 12

Van Helsing turned and found Lilith standing there with a hand upon her hip. "Anna was wanting to go back to the castle and save her brother from Dracula's control. She feels that it's fair that we save her brother, since we saved you."

Lilith scoffed. "Of course, princess pain n in the ass wants to use me as an excuse to save her precious older brother. Even if you guys hadn't managed to find me, she still would be using me, as an excuse to go and save her brother. Wake the hell up and smell the damn roses, Gabriel; princess pain in the ass will stop at nothing until she manages to convince you to go along with the idea of saving her brother from Dracula. It's completely stupid! On top of that you could be marching back to your own damn death, since you managed to anger Dracula before our grand escape from him. So, do I think it's an absolutely terrible idea to back in there and save the prince; yes, I do."

"If you don't want to go back to save my brother then you don't have to. You can stay behind like a coward," Anna spoke up.

Lilith turned to glare at Anna. "I'm sorry that I'm trying to think logical about this. We were sent here to keep you alive. You're being stupid wanting to go back to save your brother. Why don't you get the idea of saving your brother out of your damn head, princess pain in the ass. He's beyond our help at this point. Our main focus now is keeping your idiotic self-alive; which you are making it quite difficult. So, thank you for that."

"I think it's only fair that we save Velkan since we saved you from Dracula," Anna said.

"Correction princess pain in the ass, you happen to have been in the area, just as I started making my grand escape, you would have seen that I was taking care of myself. Let's not forget the fact that I didn't see you while I was making my escape. I don't remember seeing you anywhere near by as I laid out Dracula's little bitch. So, unless you were there and helped me contribute to that, you really didn't do anything to save me. With that being said, Gabriel and I don't owe you anything," Lilith snapped at Anna.

"It's my home that will give you shelter. My food and drink that will fill your stomach. My library which will offer you books to help gain knowledge as to the threat that you are up against. Yet this is how you repay me? Show that you appreciate all that I am offering you? Because if I wanted to, I could easily take it all away from you," Anna snapped back at Lilith.

Lilith glared at Anna getting ready to lose her temper, only to have Van Helsing speak up. "Lilith, why don't you think about what you're going to say? You don't want to say anything else that you might regret saying later on."

"You're kidding me right now. We have been on countless missions together. Yet you meet princess pain in the ass and you're quick to take her side. Did she manage to seduce you the moment that she got you alone? Did you even once think about saving me, or did that thought suddenly pop into your head, after your princess whore mentioned, that she wanted to save her brother," Lilith snapped.

"Lilith," Van Helsing began to say

"Don't bother with excuses Gabriel. I see how it is. You meet royalty and you're trying to make a good impression with her. I completely understand. I just hope she was worth it Gabriel. Because she just cost you a damn good partner," Lilith said.

"Lilith you don't mean that," Van Helsing said.

"Oh, but I do. From here on out, we're both going our separate ways. I don't need you or Carl to help me. I'll find a way to kill Dracula on my own," Lilith said before walking away.

"Lilith wait," Van Helsing called. When van Helsing realized that Lilith wasn't going to stop, he turned his attention to Anna. "Why did you say all of that to her?"