Chapter 1

My update would depend on the readers' responses. Vote and comment :)

Chapter 1

Present,
September
Elijah's 18th birthday, Devon's estate

Bitter as he is, Blue is still happy for Elijah and Devon. The two truly deserve to be with each other after everything the couple went through. Blue was not expecting that Devon would propose to Elijah tonight, but it was a sight to behold.

In his imagination, Blue was proposing to Ryzel under the aurora sky, on one knee and was shaking nervously, more nervous than Blue's first mission in Afghanistan. The thing is, Ryzel chose to break Blue's heart and ran away, leaving blue shattered and jaded.

"That's rare; not one drop for the night," Rouge flatly remarked and stood beside Blue. Rouge is not the least bit amused with Blue's drinking habits, and self-care is not even in Blue's list of priorities.

"I don't want to make a mess; this is Elijah's 18th, and he has been so kind to invite me so I couldn't refuse," Blue explained but Rouge was not convinced.

"You have been getting so good at making excuses, Blue. I'm not sure if I should be proud or dismayed."

Blue just rolled his eyes and leaned against the concrete column. "I know what you're going to say, and that's not why I'm here for," Blue defended and frowned.

"Oh, you mean to say that you're not here because you're expecting Ryzel to come, but instead wants to play at those awesome claw machines?" Rouge remarked ironically that irked Blue.

"Shut up, Rouge. I'm not in the mood for your teasing," Blue snapped at Rouge and threw a sharp glare at Rouge.

Rouge held up his hands in surrender and stepped back. "Okay, okay. Chill. Want something to eat instead? It might help tamp down your bitchy attitude-- I'm going. I'm walking away," Rouge yelled and ran as fast as he can, away from Blue who was seconds away from beating Rouge up.

Blue sighed heavily and fixed his gaze at the heavens. It's a good night; the stars are shining brightly, twinkling constantly. We're still looking at the same sky.

Blue was interrupted when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Judging by its vibration, it's an emergency mission, so Blue had to step away from the crowd and answer the call.

Blue took a deep breath and pressed the answer button. "Yes, Madam? What's the emergency?"

"Thank God I was able to contact you, Blue," Amanda sighed in relief and massaged her temples.

"What's wrong, Madam? Do they need reinforcements? I can go there right away--"

"No, no. Everything is going well; no need to get so worked up. I just want to ask you a favor."

"Anything," Blue instantly replied because he would do anything for The Phantom. Trevor and Amanda did not give up on Blue when Blue was in the darkest part of his life, so Blue owes the two a lot.

"Can you tell Eli that Robert and I will be late for his birthday? I have to tie up a few loose ends before--" Blue ended the call and with a blank expression, almost threw his phone away. Here I was, ready to risk my life for them, but... whatever.