Chapter 6

How many months has it been since we last heard of Blue and Ryzel? I'm sorry for the delay.

Note: The use of 'major' and 'minor' as a modifier to sports in this chapter is under the context that major sports are given higher points than minor sports in the story. I hope that's clear.

Chapter 6

Sports week, opening day

Festive, loud, and vibrating with excitement.

Those are the words to express the atmosphere so early in the morning. Yesterday, the fifteen squads finished setting up their base. The said structure must be installed within a hundred-mile radius of the main hall where all activities will be announced.

The team leaders will be given a communication device to aid them in interacting with their members. Each leader and their respective members have a smart band that automatically updates the number of points that each team will rack from each game they win.

"The rules change every year, and this year is no exception," Ryzel started and looked around the room. Ryzel called a team meeting to review the rules laden comprehensively in their guidebook. "There will be a total of ten games, five of which are major sports. The maximum amount of points they can award for a major sport is 1,000 points; 750 points for second place, and 500 points for third place. For minor sports, the highest points you can win is 800 points; 650 for second place and 400 points for third place. There will be a consolation prize worth 50 points."

"Aiming for the major sports is a very attractive idea, but that's not what we're going to do," Ryzel continued, arousing the curiosity of his members.

"What are we going to do, Captain?" Eris, one of the members, asked. "From the looks of it, a lot of teams will focus on major sports since it will give them lots of points."

"Precisely!" Ryzel smirked and the two people close to Ryzel know what that smirk means. "We are going to win all of the minor sports because it will be less competition, but it doesn't mean that we will ignore the major ones. No one can beat me in archery so we got that in our bag. There's volleyball, swimming, basketball and soccer. For minor sports, we have target shooting, taekwondo, golf, billiards, and fencing. Except for archery and swimming, the major sports are team sports and the minor sports are individual sports."

"If we win all the minor sports, we will get 4,000 points and a total of 5,000 points with Captain's win in archery," Seven supplied and the room was filled with confidence and excitement. "That's a definite win, everyone. The total points you can rack up if you win all first place is 9,000 points. We already won if we get 5,000 points." The members cheered and the smile on their faces was so wide.

Ryzel rejoiced internally. He is, after all, getting closer to his mission of killing Makimoto and the Harris brothers. One at a time, Ryzel. Let them experience the beast they unleashed.

****
"Announcement. All teams are requested to gather in the main hall. The five-day sports festival will commence. I repeat, all teams, gather in the main hall. Thank you." The speaker in every team's base sounded off.

Blue nodded at his team. They were strategizing their plans of attack in their base. "Okay. I know that this will be a risk, but we are going to focus on the major sports. The sooner we can rack up points, the better." For Blue, there is a lot at stake; more than a million dollars. If Blue and his team win, Blue can stop Ryzel from going on that suicide mission.