46

Arieon's heart was beating so fast that she could hear her heart beats in her ears. "You're sweating", Madison told her. "There's heat", Arieon said as she wiped the cold sweat on her forehead.

They were walking towards the large skyscraper of A's Enterprise. They were to have a meeting with the company so they would proceed on their research. "This place is so huge, it's insane", Madison said with a laugh. Arieon nodded in agreement. They walked in and went to the reception. "Please, we have a meeting with Mr. Armani", Madison said to the lady. "You must be Madison Carter and Arieon De Mevius", the lady said. They both nodded. Thankfully, the woman wasn't the same person from before.

"His office is on the last floor. His assistant will direct you when you get there", the woman said. "Thank you", Arieon said and they made their way to the elevator. She was going to see Enzo again. "You look like you've seen a ghost, are you alright?", Madison asked her friend. Arieon's eyes met hers and she sighed. "I'm fine, just a little dehydrated", she said.

They arrived at the last floor and the elevator dinged. "How many floors are here?", Madison asked as they walked out. "Forty five", Arieon replied subconsciously. "How do you know?", Madison asked with a raised brow. Arieon eyes widened. "I guessed", she shrugged. "Okay", Madison said. A woman approached them with a smile. Arieon immediately recognized her as Linda. Ah shit!, she cursed internally.

"Arieon! It's been a long time since I've seen you", she said happily. Arieon let out a laugh as Linda pulled her into a hug. Madison frowned at their interaction. "We're here to see Vincenzo", Arieon said as they pulled away. Linda nodded and turned to face Madison. "Good morning. I'm Linda, Mr. Armani's Personal Assistant", she said. "Nice to meet you, I'm Madison", Madison replied.

They followed Linda to Enzo's office. Linda knocked on the door and opened it. "Mr. Armani, your wife and her colleague are here", Linda announced making Enzo look up from his paperwork. Shit!, Arieon cursed in her mind. Madison's brows raised in confusion while Enzo's facial expression remained blank.

"Thank you, Linda. You can go", he said. Linda nodded and left the office. "Take a seat", Enzo gestured to the two arm chairs in front of his desk. The two women got seated and Madison immediately recognized him as Enzo. "You're the guy from the cinema", she said. He nodded, "It's nice to your memory is sharp". "Why did that woman call you his wife?", Madison asked Arieon causing her to panic.

"Let's leave that aside abd face the business you're here for", Enzo said. "St. Edward hospital forwarded your proposal to me for a partnership in finding a cure for an unknown sickness", Enzo said. The two women nodded. "We were told that your company is good at medical researches", Madison said. Good is an understatement, Arieon thought. "They're not wrong. All I need is to know the basic information and we'll be happy to help", Enzo said. "Not a problem", Arieon said.

Enzo nodded and brought out a folder. He opened it and brought out a paper. He grabbed a pen and began to write on the paper. "How hold is the child?", he asked. "Thirteen", Madison answered. "What is the nature of the sickness?", he asked. "She was having seizures at first but then panic attacks followed after. Now, she's slipping in and out of coma", Arieon answered. "Do you have her blood samples?", he asked them.

"Yes", Madison answered. He nodded and placed the pen on the paper. "By tomorrow, please bring the blood samples to the company. Linda will direct you to the laboratory and further tests would be taken before we proceed further", he said. "Does that mean you're helping us?", Arieon asked. "If I wasn't going to help, I would have walked you both out of the company myself", He answered with an eye roll. He hasn't changed, Arieon narrowed her eyes at him.

"Thank you for your support", Madison said. "May I have a word with Arieon?", Enzo asked. Madison turned to face her friend and nodded. "I'll be outside", she said before walking out.