End of their misery

"I wish, if please the god is listening to me, I wish to die." Shaira said to the god for -she doesn't know she lost the count- in her just naive 17-year-old life.
Sitting at the edge of the room, she sighed looking around the room.

She looked to  the bed and then to the lampshades, trying to picture everything just to make her forget the harsh things her brothers said- Not like any of their words were wrong but it didn't make it any better for her.

How could she fight with them when she was the very reason their mom lost their life? She was the constant reminder of the day.

The day her mother got raped by the supposedly biological father of hers.

She flinched on her own thoughts and her eyes shuttered close trying to repress a million reasons she should not have been alive. Her existence was an enigma, and she was tired to refuse it herself.

Knock knock

Her thoughts were interrupted by the knock on the door.

"Coming" she said.

It was the daily routine. One of the staff members would knock on the door as a signal to come down for dinner and to relive the live torment her brother gave her every night. They were not abusive.

Physically

But their words were enough to make her feel like someone is stabbing her right in her heart again and again.

She took out the largest hoodie she had and pull over her so she could make herself small. She felt safe in them.

Walking from the large hallway to the stairs she reached the dining area. Her brother's laughter could be heard from the outside door.
But as soon as she entered the door the laughter died down and everyone avoided her like a plague.

Why bother forcing me to come down if you all going to just react like I am invisible. She thought and sighed.

She took the last chair away from her brother on the whole 12-seater dining table.
They were I mean- her brothers were filthy rich.

The Vanedestines.

She had four brothers including the eldest- Dexton Vanedestine aka the CEO of the multi-billionaire company and chain of hotels. He was a 29-year-old man with every deal on her tips. It would not be wrong to say that everything he touches turns to gold.

The second oldest was Alkov who was also working with his brother and had quite a straightforward personality.

The third one is Ezra Vanedestine the healer of the family you can say. He was a doctor by profession.

The last one who was being 4 years older than her was Maximus. They were closer in age than her other brothers but far apart in their relations. He was the one who initiated all the poking towards her.
One common thing between them - they all hate her.

With a blinding passion.

"Stop clinking the crockery if you don't want to eat just get out of here." Her thoughts were cut off by the Maximus.

Her hand trembled and she abruptly left the cutlery knife which made it to the tiled floors and produced a loud clank with it.

"She can't even do a single thing right. I think she got bad genes from her father." Alkov said looking straight at her. She could feel all of their gazes on her but still bend her head down.

"Why could not we let this bastard get out of this house. I think she is a bad omen." Ezra chided

Bastard child