A Reality Check

The car was silent. Shaira did not want to disturb the tranquility of the moment, so she stayed silent watching over restaurants, bars, and coffee shops passing by. Milan was a very fascinating city to live in. You could see thousands of tourists flocking in and out emanating so much positive energy that you could feel your mood being uplifted just by seeing their faces. The scenic experience was not at all useful for Shaira. Wish it would have been enough to not go to a therapist. She sighed

The sigh was enough to grab the attention of the other person. When Shaira looked at Alkov, His eyes clearly showed disdain which make Shaira nervous. Out of nervousness, she started tapping the windowpane making a clicking sound resonate in the silence.

"Can you stop that?" 

Shaira abruptly stopped and looked at Alkov. He was annoyed. nothing new.

"Can we turn up some music?" Shaira asked wanting to escape this silent trauma fast.

"We are not going up on a trip. You know how many meetings I have to cancel just to be with you here today. Can't you just shut up?" Alkov raised his voice making Shaira shudder in fear. Her eyes moisten. She agreed that Alkov is a busy person, but she wasn't the one who asked him to come with her. It was Dexton. A bubble of certain rage burst in her, but she pulled herself together. She remained silent and waited for the right opportunity.

......

Just as Alkov parked the car. Shaira opened the door and dash towards Alkov's side. She blocked the exit of the driver seat and put her hand out. " Give me my appointment information, I will go alone. You can attend your meetings." Shaira said her eyes were red because of hurt and rage.

"Shaira, Let me out." Alkov said rolling his eyes at her overdramatic nature although he had clearly seen Shaira's condition which was nowhere near stable. Her eyes made her look like she hasn't slept and was very tired and sensitive.

"No" A single affirmation was enough for Alkov that how stubborn she could be. "I will not repeat twice. Just get a side." Alkov's harsh voice rang in Shaira's ears. The silent command resonated in the whole parking lot. Her hand which was previously strongly holding the car's door sagged down by the weight of the command. There's no way she could fight with Alkov and have her way.

After a moment she put her hand down and sighed. Alkov took the papers as they walk through the hospital. Shaira put her hands close to her body making her body smaller than before. She tends to do it a lot for a sense of security. 

"Hi, how could I help you?" The beautiful receptionist said with a heartwarming smile on her face. " Yes, I need directions for the cabin of Dr. Sordo Petrovic of the Psychiatric department." Alkov replied to her. Shaira unconsciously imagined the guy to be in late fifties with a pot belly and grey hairs. It was the first time she had had this type of image, no offense, but the name does sound somewhat old.

 As they reach the final door. Shaira heart thumped. The anxiousness and fear she had disguised from herself was now bare and without any cover which made her more feared than before. Her hands were sweating. "Guess what Shaira, you are not getting any clear slip anytime soon." She thought to herself.

As she was taking a very long time to open the door, Alkov opened it for her disturbing her self-pity session. The next thing make Shaira eyes popped out. The man sitting in front of them was nowhere near fifties with a pot belly. He maybe younger than Alkov. The most impeccable feature was his eyes. He had the same eye color as her but on a lighter side.  At least now she knew her eye color was so unique.

"Hi" Dr Petrovic smiled at her. Shaira gave him a small smile back. Alkov was seeing both of them. He cleared his throat to gain the attention of the handsome doctor. "Hello Mr. Alkov, Pleasure to meet you." Sordo said standing up from his chair giving him the same charming smile as they both shook hands.