Voices in my head

After dinner Shaira was in her room. The air was somewhat heavy. Trying to change her mood she pulled out her phone and went to the school's blog. Scrolling to the posts, she saw the dance club routines and how the broadcasting committee organized a radio station. School life somewhat made her happy not giving her enough time to drown in the sea of her thoughts without any safety gear. Putting both of her legs on the chair trying to get a somewhat secure position. Her heart shook when she saw a particular post on the blog.

The video of her being bullied by Costella. Specifically, the time when she got choked by her. The air which was heavy before was now getting thicker. The shivers and chills were crawling all over her skin. The feeling of getting choked gradually started coming to her and hurting her throat. Their voices were loud and demeaning.

"Want me to tell the whole school about how you are a rape child." Costella voice ranged in her mind.

Shaira put her hand on her ears trying to lower her voice. Her hands were turning cold. Her heart was thundering.

"An abomination"

Shaira felt like Costella was sitting right beside her whispering with her venomous tongue. Her heart clenched and unclenched so hard that she knew something terrible is happening. With her shaking get a hold of her mobile which had been swiped out of her hand when the feeling started.

She sat on the floor with her back on the wall trying to make a call. Hastily typing his name. Her eyes were hazy, she felt like she is going to die.

"I will give you so much pain that you would beg to die"

"Shut up! " Shaira shouted

Abruptly putting her hand on the name, she dialed the no. With the first ring, he picked up the call. Shaira's eyes were filled with tears. Her breathing was ragged.

"Dexton I can't breathe," Shaira said like she was on the verge of losing her breath.

"Ira" Before he could even process, Dexton sprinted out of his office to Shaira's room.

With a thud, He opened her room gate. The sight in front of him shook him to the core. The type of feeling he had never been before. Shaira was crying and pleading with someone to let her breathe. Her back pushed between the wall and desk giving her a corner maybe to feel safe.

"Ira look here" He called
Shaira's face was red with tears spilling from her eyes.

"Dexton, she will kill me!" She said her hands constantly scratching her throat trying to get rid of the congested feeling.

"Who?"

"Costella"

Dexton's hands clenched into fists. You could see him controlling his anger but for now. The most important task is to help Shaira. Dexton took both of her hands and placed them on his face trying to get her out of the delusion.

"She is not here. This is me. I will protect you" Dexton said his voice calm like the lake on the cold winter morning. Shaira does not open her eyes because she was afraid that it would be her lucid imagination and if she opened her eyes the harsh reality will be more difficult to face.

"It's okay. Don't open your eyes" Dexton put her hand to his heart. "Try to breathe like me. Inhale and exhale."

Shaira did as she was asked- Breathing just like her brother. Dexton constantly rubbed her back trying to comfort her. After 7th breath, her heart was finally in her control. The feeling of congestion was subsiding leaving a small ache behind. Her mind was still hazy but not as much as before.

"Are you okay?"

Shaira nodded. Dexton had a sigh of relief and hugged her. Shaira's eyes widen. Shaira did not know how to react to that. Her hands were fisted supporting her on the ground. it wasn't the first time any of the brothers hugged her, right?

A white lie.

It was the first time any blood related person had hugged her. She did not know if she could hug him back or not. Her eyes were filled with tears of what? - of happiness or longing or in relief that whatever it was, it was over. She did not know. She was so emotional and scared. Maybe for a child who had longed for this love and comfort for so many years, who had tried to find that love in strangers, it was hard to accept.

Her very emotional self could not help to replay all those moments when she was just a naive girl who just wanted some comfort, but their brothers bullied her. Were they any different from Costella? or Dexton was any different from her brothers? Sure, He had not said anything to hurt her but a person who never stopped his brothers to do something so awful to her was indeed equally responsible with his brothers who did that. With all of her thoughts and Headache which was reapproaching fast. She pushed him away pulling herself back.

"Please go. Please just go." She cried rubbing her eyes with the sleeves of her cute PJs. If they still were as cute as before.

" No, I am not going. If you don't want to talk about it. That's simply fine.," Dexton said sitting beside her in his expensive pants and white shirt which was ruined by Shaira's tears.

" Can't I just be alone?" Shaira asked putting her head on her folded legs. A silence afterward was a clear answer-No.

Before Shaira could state her next statement, she was picked by his elder brother. Not having enough courage to argue with Mr. Dexton. She stayed silent letting him carry her to her bed.

Dexton took the glass jar and poured her a glass of water which she silently drank. He laid her down and pulled the covers on her. Her emotions were haywire- like a switch-on and off. A sudden outburst then suddenly nothing. Shaira stared up at him silently asking him the rhetorical question.

"I am not leaving till you sleep," Dexton answered her which made her eyes more emotionless.

"It's not necessary. I will deal with it." Shaira said but God knows how much she is scared of getting in that state.

When she does not hear anything. She mentally rolled her eyes. The answer was the opposite that she wanted or did she not. Maybe Dexton had the power to read someone's mind that's why he could solve the puzzles of her mind that she herself could not solve. Her eyes were droopy. She was tired. "Maybe aftereffect of having seizure-like thing." Shaira's mind rambled.

The last thing she remembered was a soft touch of a rough hand on her forehead and a whisper.

"Good sleep Ira"

......

After Shaira went to sleep. Dexton took an overall look at the room in search of anything which may have triggered her. He immediately saw her phone lying on the ground. His little sister did not even have a password on it. He opened the Phone and that's when he saw the video trending online. His hands clenched into fists. The only thought that was in his mind was the person who had done this to her sister will pay.

He will pay.

.....

So, guys, I would have needed much more time than this to complete my chapter but because my cute readers had asked me- when will I update? I was so happy that some people actually want an update. I got excited and did some extra hard work to complete in just a day.

Give me a cheer guys! whoever wanted an early update.

"Make sure to vote and comment if you like the chapter because I am eagerly waiting for responses."

Bye.