Am I sick?

Exactly at 5:00, Shaira was still in a daze looking at the ceiling. Was it just a nightmare? A horrifying imagination I would never want to live. Amidst trying to justify whatever happened last night, she noticed her increasing heart palpitations. She abruptly sat up on the bed and rubbed her palm on her heart. No that was not at all her imagination. It was true. Her heart was proof of it. Her eyes moisten again thinking who will save her this time if that happens again.

She did not want that. She wanted to wake up from this situation. Maybe a cup of coffee? Shaira stood up from the bed, washing her face and brushing her teeth. She moved towards her coffee station to find out she does not have any coffee left. Her eyes furrowed because she had restocked it recently. Checking the other drawers all her coffee jars were empty even which was under the bed. What the fuck! A coffee thief? 

Thinking it was one of the maid's foolish pranks. She sighed and decided to get coffee from the kitchen itself. She opened her door and silently went to the stairs. When she reached the kitchen, she straightaway went to the cabinet she knew that Beth would store the coffee, and bingo! She was right. She planned to take her coffee and brew it in her room. She was excited by the aroma of coffee which always seem to calm her. 

"What do you think you are doing?" 

Shaira shrieked and look toward the source of the sound. Ezra was standing there wearing spectacles and a book in his folded hands looking displeased about something. 

"Just making coffee. You want some too?" 

Before she could justify herself, Ezra came and took the coffee jar from her hands putting it back in the cupboard.

"From now on, No coffee for you."

Ezra said shuffling some other cupboards and looking for something. "But why?" Shaira asked and her eyes furrowed.

"You are drinking way too much coffee a normal teen does," Ezra said still looking for something but now in the kitchen drawers.

"Well, I have a long list of problems that a normal teen usually doesn't have." Shaira rolled her eyes. Ezra looked at her and then sighed. He knew she was right. for the first time in his whole life, he felt a pinch of guilt in the farthest corner of his dark and cold heart.

"I don't care. You are not touching it till I allow it to you." Ezra said looking straight into her eyes and pointing his book toward her. Shaira was no doubt intimidated. So, she reluctantly nodded not meeting his eyes like she was doing a moment ago.

Ezra noticed it too. He moved towards her and bend near her face. He had never noticed that Shaira has such a beautiful pair of eyes. The turquoise color brought out so many of her traits.

"See Shaira, coffee has a lot of caffeine, and a lot of caffeine with the overthinking mind is a very nasty combination." Ezra walked off to the stove leaving a dazed Shaira behind.

With that sentence, Shaira caught on to each and everything she was missing to complete the pieces of theory she conjectured. She was not a kid who does not understand what depression and anxiety are, but she could not believe she had one of those and was in such a severe state that she would feel like her world is ending. Right then and there.

"Am I that sick?" Shaira asked standing in the same position but this time, her turquoise eyes were shining like emerald glass, which was so fragile that with one wrong word, it would shatter into thousand pieces taking all of her in between.

Ezra ushered her to sit on the stool, put a lime-green liquid in front of her and sat on the opposite side of the table. "First, you are not sick at all. Even if you think you have some problems, that's absolutely fine. There is no single problem in this world that could not be solved. Second, for now, Let's substitute your 'Dexton favorite coffee' for 'Ezra's favorite Green tea'." Ezra gave her a million-no-billion-dollar smile that rarely came on his face, at least never in front of her. She was sure many girls would die to stand up in her place. Not that she was complaining, at least her brothers were pleasant to the eyes.