Confrontation and Confessions

Shaira was sitting at her regular bench basking in the warm sunlight. She was feeling a lot better than before. The sun has finally come out in the evening. Even though the air was cold, it did not affect her so much. She was sitting there with her half-finished sandwich in one hand and her pen in the another. Dr. Sordo's appointment is tomorrow, and she needs to complete her task.  She sighed leaning back and closing her eyes.

"Your conscience is most precious of them all, huh?" Shaira repeated the same words as Dexton said. The problem was that her conscience is always there to guilt-trip her into doing things, but she gets confused any time Shaira asked her question which made her feel insane as she was talking about herself to herself quite literally. The three things she had written so far were first, reading business magazines. Second, violin, and third, Daniel's hoodies. She loved Daniel a lot but maybe his hoodie a little bit more

 She was disappointed that out of a lot of things she could have written she just found three things but then maybe she would not even have had the courage to write these three things if she had not talked to Dexton about it.

"For how many things should I say thanks to Dexton now?" She thought and sighed. She did not even know in which direction her life is going. She could not have ever imagined being thankful for any of the Vanidestines. But look at her now, things had changed drastically. She put her writing pad down as nothing is coming into her mind at that point.

She completed her leftover Sandwich when She saw Sebestian coming towards her. Her eyes furrowed when he saw Sebastian. He was looking serious and angry at the same time. He took a seat beside her at the same time without looking at her.

"How are you, now?" 

Shaira knew that question was irrelevant. One thing about Sebastian was sure that he would not have left her until he was damn sure that she was okay which confused Shaira. Why is he so concerned about a stranger like me? Anyway, she sighed and still answered.

"I am okay. Thanks for your help back then." Shiara said in a hushed voice to which Sebastian nodded. After a moment of silence, Shaira could not help but ask him, "Did something happen?"

Sebastian's eyes snapped towards Shaira who was doing some assignments. Sebastian had, unfortunately, read the custody annulment paper of Shaira. Everybody in the whole school knew Shaira was the half-sister of Vanidestines and her birth circumstances because of the video. This made Sebestian much more concerned. Is Shaira not being treated well at her home as well?  Is that why she hesitates every time someone asked her surname?  Can he ask these dreaded questions to her?

Putting aside all of these doubts, He sighed and asked," How is your relationship with your brothers, Shaira?"

Shaira's hand halted while completing her assignments. She did not look at Sebastian. She rolled her tongue to her lips and lied through her teeth, "Excellent! They all love me very much. Why do you ask?" Shaira said making sure her voice does not waver.

"Is that so? Then Shaira, please explain these." Sebastian said passing her music notes to her which made her confused. 

My Music notes? 

Her eyes widen and she shoot up to check her bag. As she had feared, the papers were not there.  Her face paled. No one could know about them. This could very well affect Vanidestine's reputation. Her mind racked for any solution to get out of this situation.

"It's nothing." She said snatching the 'notes' from him and putting them back in her bag pack.

"Do you want me to believe that?" Sebastian said looking at Shaira. Not getting any answer from her. Sebastian sighed.