One Peculiar Family

Shaira was hoping for the best. How irritating Alkov would be for her but she knew one thing he would not kill her for sure. Passing the most beautiful yet crowded roads in Milan.

Shaira could see a row of café- well expensive café. She could imagine how overpriced that would be but that did not undermine the beauty of them. Every café was vibrant yet different in its way. Shaira could not help but awe at the sight.

Alkov was watching Shaira. Her eyes were mirroring the shine of the golden lights decorating the side posts.
As the winters were in full bloom. You could see snow washing over each and everything. His mind snapped back to Shaira as he saw her touching a snowflake which has fallen on the window pane. A small smile blooming on her face. He could not understand how small things could make someone so happy.

He stopped the car when they came close to their family's usual outing place. His family was a sucker for good food and here was the best food you could grab. He often visited that café with her brothers. Its décor was mesmerizing.

"Where are we going?"

Shaira said as she snap her head towards Alkov.

"Bistro Cafè. I am hungry." Alkov said as he parked the car.

"And I am not. I will go home by bus." Shaira said as she got out of the car. To whom she is kidding? There would be hell to find a bus station in a posh area like this. Her hand shivered.

So cold.

Before she could move away. She was caught by her hoodie cap.

"Why do you need to hop around like a bunny?"

What the fuck.

"Did you just call me a rabbit?" Shaira said facing Alkov. Her eyes narrowed.

"Yes. I did."

Shaira put both of her hands in her hair and growled in frustration.

"You are so infuriating. Did I complain?"

Shaira said. Before the conversation could escalate. It was interrupted by Shaira's sneeze.

Alkov's abruptly playful face suddenly dampen to a serious face.

"You will come with me to the café." He said as she was dragged inside the café. Alkov could feel his sister's freezing hand. The cold in Italy is merciless.

As soon as they get inside the café. Shaira sighed in the warmth of the heaters. Her eyes widened with the intake of décor.
She could imagine delegates from multinational companies coming here for dining.

Alkov guided her to their private lounge. This was their family's favorite restaurant. So, they wanted a private space to enjoy the food without the eyes of the public.

As soon as they reach the door. Shaira became wide as saucers as she saw a tall built chiseled man standing there. She unconsciously moved behind her brother. She didn't know why but a man with a big build scared her.

Alkov could sense Shaira's discomfort as he silently ordered the guard to back down. His eyes were still on his sister.

As they opened the gate. Shaira wanted to just run out of there because inside sitting was her other two brothers lavishly enjoying their meals.

Ezra and Maximus were always the two who bond the most. Close in the ages. When Dexton and Alkov needed to man up and work for the company. They were the two who were left alone at a palace-like home. So spending time with each other was the only thing they can do and now that they have grown. They still needed time to themselves to strengthen their bonds.