Feelings

"Maybe joining the violin lesson was a very good decision for you after all. You gave us an achievement which I had never expected of you. You are and were always an ace for me. When you were 11 you joined abacus classes for fun but you dropped it because that seemed too easy for you. You took driving lessons at 15 but you don't drive. You don't eat spicy food cause you get hiccups whenever you do. You have almost fifty-plus trophies for your violin as well as for your academic achievements."

Shaira was shocked. The shawl was still tightly wrapped around her. Dexton was there standing in front of her telling all those things about her without blinking an eye. It seemed that he memorized it by heart. Her eyes shined with unshed tears.

"You knew."

Those words were the last thing she said when her legs gave out. The sense of pain or relief. She did not know. Her anxiety and pain which she kept hidden for days -no- years came out. The tears blurred her vision. So someone was watching her. For someone in her family, she was not dead at least.

The pain riding from her bones came straight to her throat and a broken sob resonate in the office.

Dexton had never seen his sister like that. Crouching on the ground her arms tightly wrapped around her stomach as her heart weeps. Dexton eyes turned glossy. Before he could know it, he was sitting beside her with her leg crossed and his one hand rubbing her back.

"I hate when you do these things." Shaira said her voice broken.

Dexton's hand trembled.

"It gives me hope that I was not like this before. That you loved me before."
Before she knew she hit Dexton in his chest.

"Ira..."

Dexton could comprehend what to do. Like always, He was speechless in front of his sister again. He could never imagine the girl who always seemed to be too quiet had a hurricane of emotions inside her. He could see Shaira was finally letting herself express herself. To express the emotions she had buried in her which had hurt her most.

Shaira was hurt. She was hurt to no extent. How could Dexton do this to her? How could she let Dexton hurt her again? Was all of the paper fiasco just for nothing?

No

Her heart breathed and said for the first time in the last 15 minutes. She was not weak. She don't need their support now. She is more than that especially when she knew she had got people who never hesitated to show her how much they her. She doesn't need love.

She needed freedom.

As the thoughts resonated in her mind. She stood up from the floor rubbing her eyes for the left-out tears. Her eyes puffy yet she took a strong stance.

Peering down her brother who was sitting right beside her. She looked him in the eye.

'No cowering away from anyone."

Her heart resonated. Dexton eyes widen. Shaira was up and looked at him like she had not cried her heart out now.

"I am happy, Dexton. I am happy for my little self. I am glad that you finally acknowledged me. But this is the end. I always wanted love from all of you but now the only thing I want, is my freedom because in the past few days I have noticed that I don't need to find love when so many people are there to love me without any conditions and barrier."

Dexton eyes widen as he felt the last thread between the two of them snap with such a loud sound that he closed his eyes for a second.

"Ira, please don't say that."