||3||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👨‍👩‍👦The Scrubbs👨‍👩‍👦
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Charlotte stood outside the door after having knocked three times. Her eyes sheepishly shifted about, and she moved her fingers about to release the tension from her knuckles, until she heard the door click. It flew open, and she found herself towering over a young boy.

He stared at her with slightly furrowed eyebrows, as if she was under inspection. He was dressed neatly with a vest over his collared shirt, tucked into his trousers. His fair hair was combed to the side.

How adorable, Charlotte thought humorously as she examined his appearance. "Hello! You must be Eustace!"

He seemed so much younger than Lucy that she would have guessed him to be studying in primary school.

"Good afternoon, Miss," the young boy leaned against the door and broke into a grin, "do you happen to be the stranger we're expecting?"

She stuck out her hand, "I'm Charlotte, friend of Edmund and Lucy."

"What a sweet name for a sweet-looking woman," he shook her hand with an obnoxious wink, "they call me Eustace, but you can call me yours."

Her warm and friendly smile fleetingly dropped at his demeanour as her hand returned to her side. She could feel her throat about to regurgitate with repulsion. She raised her eyebrows at the young boy's poor attempt at enchanting her, sensing a grimacing churn in her stomach. She concealed her repulsion behind another smile.

"Pardon me, but, how old are you?" Her voice was shaken, with a nervous laugh, before her attention shifted to the oncoming footsteps.

"Charlotte! You're here!" Lucy cheered, with Edmund following behind her shortly.

"Bugger off, fool," Edmund shoved past him, "you're not on the same level."

"Father! Edmund called me a fool!" The boy wailed across the hall, disappearing from the door.

It seemed ironic to Charlotte that Edmund had described him as abhorrent. After all, Edmund himself had pulled the same attitude towards her within the first few hours of their acquaintance. The only difference was that Eustace was of a much younger age, which evidently failed to bring his intended effect on her.

"I see you've met Eustace." Edmund bent down, reaching for her baggages. "Allow me."

She trailed behind them into the living room where a grown man lazed on a couch with his face stuck in sheets of newspapers. Charlotte barely had a good glance at the stranger's features.

"Uncle Harold, our friend Charlotte's arrived," Lucy introduced them, "Aunt Alberta agreed that she and I will be sharing a room."

The man barely lifted his features above the papers, but Charlotte made out a simple nod from his forehead sticking out above the sheets.

"Uncle Harold, we have a guest," Edmund rolled his eyes.

"Mm."

"Come on, Char, he's busy."

Charlotte watched as Edmund lifted her baggage with little effort, racing up the stairs to rid himself of the burden. Edmund was quite hefty, despite his clothes hiding his physique. When he placed her baggage down, he turned and faced Charlotte, who stood at the foot of the stairs.