||14||

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
👧Stowaway👧
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

As the cheers for Eustace's first duel faded into silence, the crew's attention slowly shifted their gaze towards the wriggling barrel.

Lucy stepped forward for a closer inspection. First, a hand crawled out of the barrel, followed by another. Then a head full of hair emerged from the shadows within, and a pair of feminine eyes wandered about the ship.

"Gael? What are you doing here?"

Gael met Rhince's eyes and pulled herself up on her feet. She dusted herself off and adjusted her hair, brushing loose strands out of her face. Her features were guilt-ridden and she shamefully shifted her gaze to the floor.

Rhince came forward and pulled her in a comforting embrace. "Here, here..."

"I'm sorry, Daddy," she buried her face into his clothes, "I couldn't let you go on your own. I can't lose you, after losing her."

Rhince sighed, his palm rubbing her head in downward strokes. "I know, I'm sorry too. I should've thought about you."

Footsteps were heard among the silent crowd and Rhince stroked his daughter's hair, anticipating some rage among the ship's crew to surface. Drinian slowly stepped forward into their view, and his eyes only concentrated on the girl. Gael clung on to Rhince, afraid to meet Drinian's eyes as she expected some sort of penalty trailing behind shortly.

Charlotte began to step forward, only to be halted by Edmund who extended his arm before her waist. He shook his head, insisting to let their superiors handle it. She sent him a gloomy glance, pleading for pity towards the girl.

"Looks like we've got an extra crew member," Drinian cooed calmly, handing her the fruit in his palm. "You're a brave warrior, child."

Gael took the orange, sending a smile in his direction.

Lucy then stepped forward with her hands on her hips, greeting the young girl with a warm beam. "Welcome aboard."

"Your Majesty," Gael curtsied before her.

"Call me Lucy," she suggested before escorting her, "come on, let's get you some food. How long have you been hiding in that barrel?"

"From the moment they loaded the crates onto the boats."

"You sneaky fox, we could use someone like you!"

"Come on, look lively!" Drinian announced to everyone. "Back to work!"

"This ship seems to be digging up quite a lot of stowaways," Caspian commented in a jested manner, "would there be sufficient space in your quarters?"

"I suppose a hammock might do the trick," Charlotte suggested, "I'll be fine, she can take the bed with Lucy."

She headed towards Eustace who dusted himself off.

"That was quite the audition," she handed his sword to him, "I think you'd be able to help us out on the battlefield."

Eustace merely shrugged in response as he seized it from her hand. However, a small smile crept upon his face as he reflected on his first fighting experience.

"Maybe, if I feel up to the task."

Eustace turned towards the opposite direction, his eyes shifting about the boat. Then, the voice he sought after appeared right beside him, slightly startling him.

"Good match," Reepicheep complimented, "I'll make a swordsman of you yet."

Eustace could not contain the smile and excitement within him, but shrugged it off and resumed his facade. He feigned disdain through his usual frown, refusing to admit to the mouse that a tiny part of him enjoyed the thrill of a duel.