Chp XI: The storm ends

I look around and notice a giant snake attacking the village. Before I notice it, a sound ninja was going for the kill towards me but then out of nowhere Lilith appears and kicks him away.

Y/N: Lilith!? What's going on?-

Lilith: No time, I want you to wake up naruto and the others. Now go.

Y/N: Got it.

I manage to reach my friends but thankfully Sakura woke Naruto up before I got there and I saw a dog waking up Shikamaru by biting his leg.

Y/N: You guys alright?

Shikamaru: Aaaaaaaargh!

Y/N: Close enough.

Sakura: You release genjutsu too you faker, why were you pretending to be asleep!?

Shikamaru: Hmph, I don't want to get involved. Just give me a break, I couldn't care less about sasuke.

Y/N: What's this about Sasuke?

Sakura: Sasuke went after Gaara and we need to stop them.

Y/N: 'That idiot! Chidori or not, he's going on a suicide fight alone.'

Naruto looks around confused and then a sound ninja was about to attack Naruto from behind until Guy sensei charges him and knocks him to the wall enough to make a hole while Kakashi and Lilith protect us from any other attacks.

Y/N: Now that I gotta learn.

Kakashi: As soon as you hear what's the mission go through that hole. First track down Sasuke and stop him. Then find a safe location and wait for further orders.

Lilith: Whatever happens avoid any unnecessary fight. If you have to then make sure you watch each others back.

Y/N: So we'll be on our own?

Lilith: Trust me, you're stronger than you think even without your training. Now go!

Naruto and Sakura went ahead.

Shikamaru: Ugh, what a drag.

Pakkun: Listen whiner. If this mission is a success, as a reward I'll let you touch my paw. So there's no reason to sulk.

Shikamaru: ...Huh?

Pakkun: Come on, their really soft.

Shikamaru:....

Y/N:....Can I at least pat your head?

Pakkun: Fine.

Y/N: Then let's go!

As soon as I left Pakkun bit Shikamaru again and drag him along the way.

Guy: Are they gonna be OK by themselves?

Kakashi: They'll be fine, Pakkun will protect them. Whispers to Lilith. You know what do.

Lilith nods and vanished with a smoke. Meanwhile, we manage to catch up with Naruto and Sakura as we're going after Sasuke.

Naruto: I get it now. Guess Sasuke got all impatient!

Shikamaru: So why am I pulled into this? This is such a drag.

Y/N: Next time he rushes in the fight, he's on his own!

Sakura: Hey it can't be helped, its Kakashi sensei order!

Y/N: Well order or not, he's going on a suicide fight and he had to drag us! He better make it alive before we catch him up.

Pakkun: Sniff sniff. This way!