Chapter Ten

Third-person pov:

Crystal woke up from her sleep once again. She slowly opened her eyes and rubbed them pouting. She felt she is sleeping on someone so she looked down and saw Zane hugging her close to his chest while he is asleep. She smiled at his cute sleeping face with his lips parted slightly.

Crystal smiled at him and then pecked his nose he scrunched his nose but didn't wake up. She giggled at his face and then try to get up but ended up wincing in pain. Draven immediately shot from the couch and looked around panicked but sighed when he saw her just trying to get up.

He stretched his arms and rubbed his face then get up from the couch yawning. He walked towards her and she looked at him with soft eyes. He is about to hold her but she shook her head at him and he takes two steps back. He remembered whatever happens yesterday before she was given a sleep injection and pain medicines.

Crystal asked looking at him with hurt and pain in her beautiful green eyes: "why do you hate me? Do you think I'm cursed?"

Draven shook his head but didn't say anything. He is about to hug her which he needs so much but she shook her head saying: "no, you tell me why you hate me"

Draven doesn't even know the reason properly why he was being mean to her in the first place maybe that's what he always does pushing all the good people away and always staying alone. He doesn't know how to answer this question.

Draven said simply: "I don't know why I was being mean to you baby. Please don't punish me like this. I never hated you. I liked you from the time I saw you but I was always staying alone and I just had a habit of pushing people away. I was in denial to accept that someone can really love me or care for me"

Crystal took a few minutes to process his words and understand properly what he said and when she did. She asked with hopeful eyes: "you no hate me?"

He immediately shakes his head and she said smiling at him: "you no be mean again right?"

He said nodding furiously: "I would never"

She holds one hand up for him and he removed Zane's hands from her petty body and picked her in his arms hissing at the pain in his arm but he doesn't care. She said quickly: "I pee"

He looked down at her hospital gown and didn't feel it wet then she said facepalm himself: "I pee"

He understands and rushed to the washroom and then put her down on her feet and walked out of the room. She immediately did her business and washed her hands then walked out of the room. Draven felt pain in his chest and start coughing holding his chest and sliding against the wall.

Zane also woke up from sleep and looked around the room when he saw Draven against the wall coughing up but his eyes widened when he saw blood on his hands. He rushed towards him and said rubbing his back: "fuck, oh God, what should I do? Ruiz is also not here. Draven please try to calm down"

Draven said in between coughing: "I'm fine"

Zane shake his head sternly: "you're not"

Crystal came from the washroom and he covers his mouth to try to stop himself from coughing. Crystal's eyes widened and she put her hands on his chest where his other hand is holding and asked softly rubbing there: "Are you fine?"

Draven stopped coughing as her hands touched him and he nods with teary eyes from all the coughing. He gets up with a little difficulty and rushed inside the bathroom saying: "I will be back in a minute"

She frowned and Zane said smiling at her: "hi beautiful sky, good morning. He is fine, I promise"

She said softly pouting at the pain in her thigh: "morning"