II

"Nephew, these are the records of the Young Nobles who will be attending the Founding Anniversary."

Alver skimmed through the file and noted most of the young heirs were coming. It's been so long since he rose to his position, but he can't seem to control the generations despite being brilliant and likable royalty.

He intends to pull some nobles into his line, and he needs to start with his peers.

Antonio Gyerre, the second prince's closest confidant. It will be hard to pull him to his side, knowing his stubbornness owing to his grandmother.

Karin Orsena, from the duchy, has yet to support a prince, but they'll choose the third prince.

Venison Sten. Alver frowned at this scumbag. He pushed his brother by force out of the succession. He shouldn't have this kind of backstabbing traitor. He can't have him betray him knowing that the Sten Family were trying to usurp the throne and had been controlling the black market.

He checked a few more candidates for his confidante, but none of them satisfied his standards. Most of them are bastards, wannabes, and power-thirst young nobles who were trying to get on the side of the strongest.

He needed someone he could trust.

Someone who can move and express his wishes without being a hindrance.

One who he can trust with his decisions and support.

He needed someone who could be his limbs and brain outside the palace walls.

"Hah."

"You don't like any of them?" Tasha asked.

Alver sighed and smiled at his aunt. He continued skimming through the files until the last which contained a record that even a guidance counselor would give up and kick out of school.

Cale Henituse.

Hah. To be honest, his family is one of the ideal vassals. However, the household continued to maintain its neutrality. Count Henituse can be said to be the most promising noble and a role model. He moves for his people, petitioned for his people, and worked hard for the survival of his territory which landed them as the wealthiest family in the Rowoon Kingdom. Even Orsena Duchy, in terms of wealth, couldn't be compared.

He wanted to have the count by his side but — "his son is a crazy bastard."

That's his problem. How can he discuss politics with a jerk who squandered his life as trash and a drunkard? Cale Henituse is well-known for trashing around. There were rumors about him being a cradle snatcher, a casanova, and so on — and he had an uncountable number of children.

Now that's some rumors.

The County has said nothing about it, nor has it addressed the rumors, but they have now sent him to the capital.

He guessed it's for reformation? or Rehabilitation? or that punk has finally been evicted from the house?

That's possible.

[AN: What do you think of baby Cale? ]

His aunt Tasha spoke, "It seems that Young Lord Henituse has been quite tamed nowadays. It has not been a while since he turned eighteen, but reports said that he had become quite, um, matured? or he has grown up."

"You're not sure?"

"His change was drastic, but it has not been a while. He seemed to be likable nowadays too."

Should I try?

There's no harm in testing the waters. Cale Henituse could be his chance to have the count in his line up or he'd be useless to him. Nevertheless, he needs to watch how this Cale Henituse changes. If he is, he plans on having him as his confidante.