VI

In the plaza, two explosions that could not be compared to the previous one went off at the same time. Everyone knelt and covered their heads with their hands.

The screams of people getting injured or killed filled the plaza. And then...

A gust of wind that sounded like rain passed over the crowd's heads. People in the plaza's center were covered in dust from the ground, while those near the fountains were drenched by fountain water before slowly raising their heads.

The first thing they noticed was something heading north. The royal family was not harmed because a shield was built to protect them, but the people around them were.

These were the people who arrived at the plaza before anyone else to await the king. There were also servants, lower-ranking officials, lower-tiered knights, and mages who didn't have enough time to launch their shields.

Some of them were hurt, while others died. The royal family's blonde hair was obscured by the black smoke.

The silver shield gradually shattered into shards of glass. The silver wings also fell apart. As black smoke began to pour out, there was a person standing in the center.

The person who did not turn his gaze away from the figure, Alver, felt his entire being go numb. He felt chills run down his spine as sweat beads rolled down his brow. The explosion was powerful. However, that solitary figure in that solitary location stood at the end of the silver strand. He stood proudly with his head and arms out, like an omnipotent man.

"Young Master Cale."

Alver was thinking about a lot of things. He was jerked by instinct, wanting to run as fast as he could towards the figure standing still in the plaza. He notices Cale wobbling on his feet and begins to fall. He was about to reach out, but a woman with brown hair stood behind him, looking at them.

If he suffered, the recoil from the explosion would be severe as well.

He can hear a woman calling out Cale Henituse's name.

Alver could only stand there blankly, pondering why he wanted to run to him.

Cale appeared to be in pain. He was staring at his palms with a relieved expression as if nothing was wrong with him.

His heart continued to race as he felt both miserable and relieved.

Someone protected what he couldn't.

Someone did it without being asked.

That much pain was still excruciating. He's a royal with power, but he can't move as he pleases.

Cale Henituse, the trash, the Northeast's lost cause, moved on his own and protected whoever he could.

or is this part of his plan? or just a ruse to get his attention?

He can hear several people calling out to Cale. He was insecure because no one bothered to ask him if something was wrong.

He felt helpless and weak, but he couldn't hate him.

"Hyung-nim."

"I'm fine," Alver said weakly as he looked at Robbit."

Robbit smiled and looked at Cale Henituse, who was sitting motionless on the ground. He resembled a chipmunk waiting to be fed. How cute.

He was watching Cale interact with some strangers who he assumed were his people. Until—

"I'm fine... cough!"

"B, blood......!"

Within him, rage began to rise. That rage was directed at himself. Cale Henituse appeared to be in pain. It didn't look good in the eye, and he couldn't help but feel helpless as he stood back and watched him.