XXIV

All it took was a simple kiss. Since that day, Alver had been in a good mood.

Cale also appeared to be on cloud nine, smiling to himself so much that everyone assumed he had finally gone insane.

What happened to the gore? The smirk! The sinister smile that causes even enemies to pee and flee before it frowns upon them!

While working, Cale appeared to be smiling really, really genuine, real, helluva obvious that he was in a good mood. They also noticed him touching his lips and staring at his hand as if he were a lovelorn maiden deeply in love.

He'd been smiling more, which made his people uncomfortable, to the point where they almost cursed him, "Who the fuck are you?! Bring back our Cale-nim!"

"You appear to be in a good mood, Cale," Countess Violan pointed out.

"Am I?"

"You've been smiling all day, and it's scared the shit out of your people," said that elegant voice, joking but solemn.

Cale pursed his lips but smiled even more.

"Well, you should get ready for the victory ball," Violan said as he rang the bell, "and you should style yourself even more."

Cale simply nodded and walked alongside Ron. He didn't say much, but everyone seemed to understand why he was acting the way he was.

"They must be doing some testing."

"If he didn't, he wouldn't be smiling like this."

"It's been a long time since I've seen him smile."

"He might be dense, but his actions are surprisingly honest," Deruth said to his wife.

"It'll take time, but not a long time," Violan says, humming and smiling back at her husband..

"He really took after his mother in that aspect," Deruth recalled fondly, "and Jour was a bit dense too."

"I thought it was you..." Violan smirked.

"If it had been me, I would have jumped on someone and gotten it over with.""

"We should prepare to welcome our new son-in-law," Violan chuckled lightly.

"I want to be the first to beat the prince."

"Oh, give him some slack... It's fine if your son isn't a dense one."

Deruth pouted and appeared cursed. Anyway. Ron was humming happily.

"I guess I'll have to teach the Young Lord the Art of Seduction."

That scared the Henituse Couple. Ron's smile is anything but angelic.

Does he want them to shack up or fall apart?

They'll never know.

[*****]

"Aunt... do I look good?" Alver asked Tasha for the nth time. He had gone on and on about his appearance, changing clothes and finally settling on the black and gold gala. His hair was slicked behind his ears. His lips were adorned with a lip bum, giving them a shiny appearance. His body accessories were simple.

"How many do I have to answer you? You look good! and handsome!" Tasha almost yells at her nephew for being a worry wart. "Young Lord Cale will be overjoyed when he sees you! So have a little more courage!"

When Alver looked in the mirror, he looked like a lost puppy. Cale agreed to try dating him about a week ago. They've been calling each other every night, talking about work, and nonsense, and just enjoying each other's company without saying anything.